What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I tend to value the types of remastered releases where there is a discernible reduction in distortion. To many however its likely that this is what gave the original music its tonal quality and I get that.

Have you heard the Oasis cover of I am the Walrus? I really like it!

Latest haul from last night from my favorite record shop.

R-2715966-1314099798

418457259553_360

![ab67616d0000b2733e838f51e73bace79444f376|552x500]
(upload://reQRsYkTc9JPMvNOFyiRXLrg2Us.jpeg)

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door, just delivered.

I have never heard this, Indeed, the first four Led Zeppelin albums are the only ones that I know at all well.

4 Likes

Hi Graham
I suggest you get your hands on Physical Graffiti ASAP
I think it’s the best outside of the first four.
Down by the seaside

5 Likes

Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy.

After the disappointment of the first of this new series of Dan resissues (Can’t Buy A Thrill) I held back from buying this one until it was cheap enough that if it too disappointed then I wouldn’t feel too bad about it. And thank heavens I did! It’s another curiously lifeless reissue that leaves me hankering for any of my other earlier issues - even the slightly brittle sounding Japanese one! At least the sleeve is done reasonably well, and a nice printed inner too. The vinyl though…? I guess if it’s all you have then it’s likely fine, but really, oh dear… :frowning:

6 Likes

I guess that’s why it is on sale at HMV at half price !

2 Likes

I guess so. It’s not quite as bad as Can’t Buy a Thrill and some tracks fare much better than others, but overall it’s another disappointment. I bought Pretzel Logic at the same time (even cheaper!) and I can’t say I’m feeling particularly optimistic about it…

1 Like

A post-Fab Four fun frenzy

9 Likes

Led Zeppelin IV arrived yesterday, courtesy of the Big River.

(I wonder how many times I’ve bought that particular LP?)

‘Shankar Family & Friends’ - Ravi Shankar

Another Dark Horse LP - on ‘orchid’ coloured vinyl.

2 Likes

Took a small detour to one of the local record shops when leaving work earlier.

3 Likes

8 Likes

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series… :grin: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Johnny Coles - ‘Little Johnny C’ -part of the Blue Note Classic series. I got a slightly warped disc, otherwise quiet vinyl and nice SQ- a top shelf BNC.

6 Likes

Lately I have been buying a lot of second-hand vinyl, of course these need to be washed first :wink:

7 Likes

Stealth Duke Pearson session ! Johnny Coles is great on though.

Go Go Penguin - Between Two Waves EP 2022 clear vinyl release.

1 Like

Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Sessions, first UK pressing. Dropped off child No1 at Uni yesterday and found this in the local secondhand record shop. This was one of the first CDs I bought, so looking forward to giving the vinyl version a spin when I get the TT out of mothballs in a few months, especially as the CD sounds very good indeed.

12 Likes