What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

It’s been going about six or seven years @anon70766008 - it’s the “artisan” sub label of Concord and thus ultimately owned by Universal.

Thanks, Kevin.

Why are you buying them again, do they wear out, or are the better remasters or pressings?

Ha ha I’ve got a simple excuse Mike

I forgot I’d purchased one in the first place :crazy_face:

1 Like

I thought for a while I’d lost some of my old vinyl. I’ve since remembered that the missing ones were actually cassettes, and I took those all to the dump years ago during a big clear-out. Fortunately, I had the sense to keep my old vinyl collection.

BTW, have just ordered a el-cheapo manual record cleaner. Thought I was buying from a NZ retailer, but I see that it’s is being shipped from Australia.

Hello, Mike. I bought new copies for a variety of reasons.

I got ‘Kind Of Blue’ because it seemed to me that this LP really deserves to be on blue vinyl, because of its title and the melancholic air that suffuses the record.

‘Strange Days’ because it is the mono mix (which I didn’t have) and it’s pressed on 180gm vinyl.

I got the two Nick Drake records because I play them a heck of a lot, so it’s good to have brand new copies.

I’m replacing the two Pink Floyd records, because my existing copies have also been played to death, and I like to have the heavier pressings.

One of the young men who serves in my local pub is a bit of a guitarist/muso and living on a barman’s wage, so I’ll give him the old records which I’m discarding. I did the same when I replaced ‘Absolutely Live’ and he still thanks me.

5 Likes

That’s a really nice story. I dug out my original copies of “Absolutely Live” last week and throughly enjoyed it,

I think that ‘Absolutely Live’ is one of the best live albums ever released and - if the liner notes are to be believed - no overdubbing or editing went into the making of the album.

It’s also the best way to hear ‘The Celebration Of The Lizard’ in full. It is, after all - as noted on the liner notes of ‘Waiting For The Sun’ - a “theater composition”.

1 Like

Back in stock

Pretty sensational I must say :+1:

5 Likes

Just to be clear: Absolutely Live is edited, in the sense that it is a compilation of performances from different concerts edited/spliced together to make the record seem like one ‘ideal’ Doors concert. A great compilation it is too, but the original concerts that make up AL are of course the unique recordings of actual whole shows ( or as near as dammit ) beginning to end.

Matthew Halsall - Bright Sparkling Light, Gondwana Records (2024)

Recorded along side the excellent LP An Ever Changing View this EP was originally only available at the Live shows the band played last year but luckily for us fans who couldn’t attend Gondwana have released 2000 copies for pre order.

5 Likes

Yussef Dayes Experience - Live From Malibu, (2024)

This excellent live recording is now available for a very reasonable £21.99 with free postage on eBay.

3 Likes

who is we?

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run 50th Anniversary vinyl box set
Boxed vinyl double album with 50th anniversary half speed remaster of the US release and the underdubbed mix.

14 Likes

2024 Acoustic Sounds Series Vinyl… :sunglasses: :grin:

7 Likes

Klemperer Conducts Wagner, a 3LP set of orchestral excerpts from the early 1960s, with his Philharmonia Orchestra on EMI Records.

It’s a shame that Warner didn’t add the contents of the 2LP set, available long ago, of the whole of Act 1 of and the Final Scene of Act Three of ‘Die Walküre’.

I thought I had the Craft OJC of this one coming, but have just been informed that it didn’t arrive from the distributor and no more in stock there so my order was cancelled and refunded… :frowning:

Hate when that happens I’d actually forgotten I’d pre ordered it and so was pleasantly surprised when I opened it.

Charles Lloyd & the Marvels - Tone Poem, BN/TP (2021)

Very lucky to find a very good used copy for £25.

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed the absence of the Dreaded taxi driver. Anyone know where he’s gone?