What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

14 Likes

Ride’s new album Interplay

2 Likes

Johnny Lytle - People & Love, Milestone/Love (2024)

My first Craft Jazz Dispensary release remastered by KG and pressed at RTI and it sounds fantastic there are only a very small minority of Vibes players appeal to me I’m a 70’s kid and most remind me of Patrick Moore but Johnny Lytle and Bobby Hutcherson have it.

2 Likes

Even though my turntable and rekids are currently still in storage, that didn’t stop an Easter Saturday crate diving session in the local second hand store. A nice haul of first / early UK pressings, all in M / NM / EX condition too. Will be interesting to see how they sound in a few months time!

Supertramp: Crime of the Century (first UK pressing).
The Mamas & The Papas: Hits of Gold (first stereo UK pressing).
Style Council: Our Favourite Shop (first UK pressing).
Heebie Gee Bees: Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack (first UK pressing).
Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells (second UK pressing - original price sticker £2.75!).

13 Likes

Grover Washington jr, Live at the Bijou – double album

Discogs purchase – vinyl looks in VGC/rarely played(?), cover VG/Good, as expected of its age – but not ‘NM’ as advertised.

6 Likes

S/H purchase…

1988 European release… :+1: :notes:

9 Likes

Quick visit to HMV in my break:

Nico Desertshore, just to see how this reissue sounds against my old one (+ I want to see the booklet)

Black Uhuru Black Sounds Of Freedom £14.99 :ok_hand:t3:

James Brown Soul On Top
Verve By Request / TMR press. Varying reports of how good/bad this reissue is soundwise, but £21.99 cheap enuff to find out.

3 Likes

Heap big cash, but this Craft issue of the sublime Bennett/Evans album is just superb.

7 Likes

I have an 80’s OJC issue which is why I’ve held back in this craft reissue but the music is brilliant and so if I come across a used ‘cheap’ copy I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Guns N’ Roses ‘Greatest Hits’.

I bought this 2LP set today because it contains their cover version of The Stones’ great ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, which I have never heard before, taken from a film soundtrack.

Their cover of Wings’ film soundtrack ‘Live And Let Die’ (also included on this set) was pretty epic, so I’d like to hear this new one, and it’s always good to hear GnR classics such as ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ and ‘Civil War’.

2 Likes

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses: Suspended In Dusk 30th Anniversary Edition (2024 reissue/remaster, limited edition)

4 Likes

Slow Air by Still Corners.

Spotify introduced me to this duo, who I had never heard of. I’ve now got two of their albums, 1 on CD, and this LP.

They fall into the “Dream Rock” camp, I am led to believe…

3 Likes

@steviebee Hi Steve I also have an OG (US import) of Nico DesertShore will be very interested in your comparison.

PS it’s not an album I play regularly.

ATB Graham.

1 Like

Wilco @Quad33

Should get a chance to compare this weekend. I have a first press UK or German copy (can’t remember which). The ‘booklet’ btw is a folded sheet so basically only two pages of text. Nice enough given my original had nothing.

1 Like

Prince Fatty - Artikal Intelligence, Lovedub Records (2024)

Fatty’s usual set of collaborations and excellent rhythms recorded above the Fox & Firkin, Lewisham High St and mastered by Noah Priddle and as always excellent sonically.

3 Likes

Another quickie to HMV during my break…must stop but it’s so convenient just across Oxford St.

Nico Marble Index - again, mainly for the booklet. Very happy with my US first press. We’ll see how this remaster sounds.

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros Live At Acton Town Hall…bless him, and what a set list!

Step Forward Youth Roots compilation at chip money price. Had to.

2 Likes

Okvsho - A Place Between Us, Current Moves (2024)

Another excellent release and the first I’ve been able to buy on vinyl from brothers Christoph & Georg Kiss excellent pressing too

5 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald - Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie! The latest Acoustic Sounds Verve reissue has landed and it’s just lovely! It appears it may use the old Classic metalwork, cut by Bernie Grundman. That’s no bad thing, as that was a stunning cut. Here it’s pressed immaculately and sounds sublime. The lovely glossy tip-on gatefold sleeve with colour photos within really caps a terrific reissue.

10 Likes

I had a Speakers Corner version of this which sounded so bad I sold it great LP though I’ll definitely keep an eye out for it.