What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Looking forward to this have you played it yet Kev?

Not yet… added it to the ever-growing “to be listened to” pile!

2023 BN Tone Poet Series… :grinning: :notes:

7 Likes

And excellent it is apye :+1:

Today’s haul from the LRS. All excellent albums (bottom right one is the latest Khruangbin album).

6 Likes

I finally bit the bullet and picked this one up. My first Impex record and will not be my last. Sounds so nice. Thinking or purchasing a Craft AS OJC album next. Hard to decide which one though!

5 Likes

I’ve got that Katmaimatt

It’s a cracker I must say

1 Like

2022 BN Tone Poet Series… :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

The new one from Elbow, cleaned on the Degritter and ready for a play…

4 Likes

Here’s an odd one.

I bought from Amazon the most recent (2024 issue) Jesus And Mary Chain LP, ‘Glasgoweyes’. I was cheesed off that what turned up was a 2LP set, playing at 45RPMl, which would be an almighty pain in the posterior to play on my LP12.

In central Brighton yesterday, I found the same LP pressed on a single (transparent red) vinyl LP, which plays at 33RPM.

I have never experienced before a new record being released simultaneously to be played at the two different speeds.

From the JAMC website:

New The Jesus And Mary Chain studio album, ‘Glasgow Eyes’, out now

- 2LP 180g coloured vinyl cut at 45 rpm. Ltd to /1000 in hand-numbered gatefold jacket with art booklet.

• 2LP 180g black vinyl cut at 45 rpm. Ltd to /500 in gatefold jacket with art booklet.
  • 1LP splatter vinyl cut at 33 1/3 rpm. Ltd to /1000 in standard hand-numbered jacket.

- 1LP Black & White swirl vinyl cut at 33 1/3 rpm. Standard jacket with a printed inner sleeve.

- 1LP and 2LP white labels. Ltd to /100 each. Hand-stamped and numbered.

I have this session on Mosaic CD but it will be nice to have on vinyl plus the price was right…

4 Likes

No pain in the posterior on my LP12. Just hold down on the switch a bit longer. Dead easy.

The 45 adaptor is really pretty easy to use and was all we had for decades, well worth it to play 7"/12" 45s, let alone whizzy LPs…but still glad I no longer have to use it. Bless Lingo.

3 Likes

Yeah I know Stevie. I used to be in the situation with the 45 adaptor and although reasonably easy it did deter me from bothering most of the time.
Lingo was a blessing and now onto Radikal.
TBH I was just teasing Graham a bit. That Jesus & Mary Chain sounds great at 45rpm.

1 Like

I’ve yet to be convinced by JAMC’s latest…maybe I should hear it @ 45!

Picked this up too. Fantastic.

1 Like

Nat Birchall Unity Ensemble ft Alan Skidmore - New World, Ancient Archive of Sound (2024)

Another fine recording by Nat Birchall accompanied by his Unity Ensemble this time and featuring the 81 year old Alan Skidmore who has worked with a whole host of Jazz stars, Charlie Watts, Kate Bush and Elton John.

1 Like

After the vagaries of buying by mail order, I went into Rounder Records (Brighton) yesterday and came out with:

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Live @ Hollywood Bowl August 18 1967

The White Stripes - Elephant (20th Anniversary Limited Edition Red Coloured Vinyl)

Pink Floyd - DSOTM 50th Anniversary Remaster (180gm vinyl)

The Pink Floyd album is sitting next to a 50th Anniversary Remaster of The Wall, one of my very favourites ever.

Where has all the time gone? I remember so clearly the thrill of buying these records when they were first issued!

Fantastic Blue Note quality recording
To be enjoyed on a Sunday morning…or anytime really.

10 Likes