What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

With it being Ron Carter’s 83rd birthday today, i looked tough my music collection for something of his but the only place he turns up is as a sideman in other peoples bands, albeit some of the very finest jazz groups in the offering!

Ashamed to say i don’t have a single Ron Carter album in my CD or LP collections : (

Anyhow, i’ve put that to rights by ordering his album ‘All Blues’ on analogue vinyl from Pure Pleasure :+1:

The Milt Jackson album is another vinyl analogue reissue [Speakers Corner] and is piggy backing along for the ride to make the postal costs more worthwhile, however i do like some vibes and look forward to both of these fantastic albums.

https://www.purepleasurerecords.com/

4 Likes

Chet Baker - “rendez-vous” Bingow Records
Recorded at John Melner studios London, September 4th/5th 1979.
Like a lot of Chet Baker releases of this period it’s a bit hit and miss but amongst the average sometimes there are hidden some real gems, in the case of this record it’s the instrumental version of My Funny Valentine.

3 Likes

And whilst researching the Bingow record label I came across another hidden gem.
Clark Terry, Red Mitchell, Horace Parlan - ‘out of nowhere’
Recorded at Miraval Studio July 20th 1978

Recorded a year before the above Chet Baker title and featuring one of favourite jazz pianists Horace Parlan and of course Jazz superstar Clark Terry.

3 Likes

Box of Bowie demos, just £18 from a certain large online retailer…

4 Likes

Bob Dylan Blues?

6 Likes

Two great albums and two great album covers.

1 Like

5 Likes

Placed an order at the river, should be here in 10 days or so

Claude

6 Likes

5 Likes

Avishai Cohen Trio - Big Vicious

3 Likes

Just had Mingus’ Pithecanthropus Erectus land on my doorstep from the lovely Amazon driver. 5 star review of this issue from Jazzwise. My first Wax Time so let’s see.

5 Likes

Couldn’t resist, re-release of Gentle Giant’s first four albums.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

A truly great album.

1 Like

Unfamiliar with Gentle giant. What should I start with. Thanks

I would start with “Gentle Giant”, their first, or “Octopus”, their fourth. “Three Piece Suite” could be an option as well, containing songs from the first three albums, remixed by Steven Wilson.
Marco :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Surely The Power and The Glory with Proclamation and Free Hand with On Reflection should be included or at least also considered IMHO.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes will start at the beginning and take it from there.

This is a classic with a stellar cast of backing musicians like Clapton, Bruce, Koffoff. Didn’t know it had been re-released on vinyl. Ordering a copy now!

1 Like

Sucker for that coloured vinyl

1 Like

The numerous sales are keeping the couriers busy

6 Likes