What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Is this a new cut or a re-press of the Bernie Grundman cut from 10 or so years ago?

1 Like

one of the best albums ever & one riot of an album :grinning: what the beach boys 50th sound like

1 Like

3 excellent choices

1 Like

Jimi Hendrix, Are You Experienced, Track Records mono 1967 pressing, discogs order after I was led astray last night in What Are You Listening To.

14 Likes

Haven’t played it yet :scream:

I don’t know? Presume it’s a repress

As a Designer, this cover layout amuses me. Great photograph and title typography.

It has all the hallmarks of the intervention of a marketing department executive who thinks -

A The photo is symmetrical, so keep the balance by repeating the title typography.

B Why is there empty space on one side of Jimi, lets fill it with something. What do we have?

C If they don’t see the title once, then a second will make it more noticeable/memorable!

D Which side shall we put the title - left or right? Arghhhhh, I can’t decide… I will lose my job!

E All of the above.

In my view, it could have been so much better.

4 Likes

Jimi Hendrix. Are you experienced. Excellent choice. Like many albums of the 60s mono is the way to go.

What about this one. Just like AYE , Hendrix did not have a say and hated both covers.

8 Likes

He also hated the next album cover :sunglasses:

2 Likes

KKKK6
Helen Merrill - 200g Analogue Productions Mono

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, Jimi did…in 1968, as a fourteen year old boy, I certainly didn’t.

All prurience aside, I’ve liked the cover ever since.

1 Like

At a similar age I am in total agreement

1 Like

I didn’t know he also wasn’t keen on the Axis cover tho - again, I always liked that one.

1 Like

Already have this in CD and SACD hybrid but couldn’t resist the 45rpm vinyl for £20

5 Likes

41veoMZbwAL.AC_UY436_QL65
Both Speakers Corners reissues. I have several of their reissues including other Santana lps and they are very very good. Im looking forward to these two.

8 Likes

Been looking for a decent copy of this for years at a reasonable price. £8 and only a few crackles

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
After a mention on the “listening to” thread I had to add this to my collection.

7 Likes

Art Pepper & Sonny Redd - Two Altos - Regent - 1993
Might have to wait a while for this at the moment as it’s coming from Japan but I’ve looking for a copy for a good while now so it will be worth the wait.

This was first released in 1959 and features some great back up
Pepper Adams, Elvin Jones, Russ Freeman and Wynton Kelly.

4 Likes