What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Although I’ve got some of the individual albums, I couldn’t resist this 2024 reissue of War’s greatest hits by Analogue Productions.

5 Likes

Just arrived today. Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul. This is the Craft Recordings reissue remastered by Bernie Grundman.

7 Likes

Cleaned and ready to play…

6 Likes

You’re right! :smiley:
It was a typo… of course.

That’s good!!

Beyoncé Cowboy Carter - Double Vinyl.

2 Likes

Her sash has Beyincé. Is she unsure how to spell her name?

1 Like

As someone else said on another thread “I do like a disruptor”

ATB Graham from one Graham to another.

My most recent vinyl purchase was Sixpence None The Richer’s wonderful self-titled (but not first) album, which has the inspired ‘Kiss Me’ and a cover of The Las’ ‘There She Goes’.

It’s one of my favourite albums ever, which I’ve only ever had on CD, but now comes pressed on two 180gm LPs, with a whole extra LP side of extras, including acoustic versions of ‘Kiss Me’ and ‘There She Goes’.

A truly wonderful record. The lead singer Leigh Nash has one of the great, hardly-known, voices in pop music, and I love her to bits!

Another 2LP set that I bought yesterday was Guns N’ Roses ‘Greatest Hits’.

I have all their albums, but I was tempted by as few ‘live’ extras, including ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, which intrigued me to hear them cover a Rolling Stones song.

Initially I was a bit confused by which side was which, as there are no sides A, B, C and D. Instead, we get sides G, N, F’N, and R - which took a few moments to work out, then I remembered their song ‘Get In The Ring’, and all was clear.

Saul Hudson is one hell of a guitarist. It’s a great shame that his ego couldn’t coexist in the same band as Axl’s.

1 Like

Bill Evans Trio - At Town Hall Vol 1, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2022)

Great record great reissue.

6 Likes

@anon70766008… regarding the spelling of her name on the sash it is a reference to a miss spelling / family name on her birth certificate.

1 Like

Tone Poet edition

Currently £28.50 on Amazon uk :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

12 Likes

Oh, right, thank you. How odd!

5 Likes

Pharoah Sanders - Journey To The One, Theresa/Pure Pleasure (2020)

3 Likes

I assume it’s a deliberate reference to one of the ways voter’s rights are being restricted in the US. If a family name is misspelled through illiteracy in the registration process, it can be extremely difficult to then establish voting rights.

1 Like

It’s not marvellous imo.

3 Likes

Was my feeling too.
Unimpressed, I have to say.