What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

To Clive and to Skeptikal, it seems a nonsense to pay £45 for a precision-produced item and then take a knife to it, and it sure as heck doesn’t “just slide over” the existing capstan.

Don’t concern yourselves, gents, I will just be more careful in the scrutiny of new LPs that I buy, to ensure that they all play at the proper speed of 33.3RPM.

Told ya :wink:

2 Likes

:joy:

Just curious, what is the issue with the updated speed control box? Seems like an elegant solution.

The ‘issue’ - although I do not regard it as a problem in any way at all - is that each of my LP12s is powered by a (single speed) Naim Armageddon.

Ah, understood, presumably the replacement is pricey and the single speed boxes have little s/h value

:racehorse::droplet: = :non-potable_water:

2 Likes

I bought two albums today.

U2 - Zooropa. The sticker informs the buyer: ‘30th Anniversary. 2LP pressed on transparent yellow vinyl, featuring the singles…’

Nico - the marble index. According to the sticker: ‘High quality 2023 Edition mastered from the original tapes’. Elektra’s founder/owner Jan Holzman is credited as Production ~Supervisor, and The Velvet Underground’s John Cale is credited with Arrangements and Mixing.

1 Like

Index is really good, Graham. A worthy reissue compared to my US first press.

Happy to have two copies each of that, and Desertshore with the reissues.

Wonder if The End may get similar…

Fatboy Slim - You’ve Come a Long Way, Baby (2023 half-speed remaster)
Above Aurora - Myriad Woes (2024, limited edition)

1 Like

Does anyone know if the remaster of this from Electric Mastering is better than the original it’s such a wonderful record but I’m loathe to shell out on a copy after all of the many bad reviews of the original Optimal pressing.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, @anon70766008, but despite looking in all the likely places, including in two Linn boxes in the loft, I have been unable to find my 45rpm adaptor. I can only assume I must have given it to someone else. You’ll just have to bite the bullet and try the suggested solution on your own adaptor.

1 Like

Had this when it first came out but sold it when my wife passed and had to down size.
My local s/h dealer pick this one up with a big Beatles and Elvis collection. Luckily for me he was willing to do a trade for a few albums out of my collection.

14 Likes

Should be here soon. Going to be good!

Mingus
Blues & Roots
Atlantic 75
AP 45 cut.

6 Likes

This ain’t the way you go out, Lucy Rose… Lucy Rose’s latest album. A nice signed copy from Banquet Records. First spin today… another great album from this singer song writer.

4 Likes

I purchased this on Bandcamp Friday and an email yesterday saying it is on the way. I might even get it before the official release date.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking, Clive. I’ll see what I can achieve.

This one has taken a while to get here. Studio Richter Mahr were not happy with the first few pressings, but now it’s arrived…

1 Like

1 Like

Grateful Dead American Beauty 50th Anniversary Vinyl 180 gr.

9 Likes