What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

4 Likes

From favourite record shop Tubeway2 Bridgnorth…mix of new and used…

4 Likes

Just went in to my local shop to collect an LP they had kept for me-soundtrack by The Hologram People. Had a browse-as you do- and came away with a further 4, all discounted, 2 from RSD 2024.
The Soft Machime is a double and has a DVD as well, for a 1971 the sound is good, recorded for a French TV station
Stephen

1 Like

Finally…found a copy in the UK. Was beginning to think I’d have to go Stateside…

Television
Live At The Academy
RSD.

Can’t wait to play it!

2 Likes

RPWL " CRIME SCENE " . Excellent album from this german group.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, Live At Wembley, November 1974, on 180g vinyl.

Edit: What a fantastic show this must have been for those lucky enough to attend. I can’t work out from the liner notes whether this was a one-off concert or a series of shows which have been expertly stitched together. Roger Waters’ bass line on ‘Money’ is brilliant, but David Gilmour wasn’t holding back on his guitar either!

I can imagine Led Zeppelin putting on a similarly good show at around the same time, and I have records to show that Cream did in the past, but I can’t imagine many other groups putting on a performance of this stature.

4 Likes

Pre order. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I did get The Lovely Eggs new album before the release date, getting it today and have just finished listening to it and am very pleased with it. They also did a session on R6 this week which was good too.

2 Likes

These two arrived today. John Cougar Mellencamp. Scarecrow #538 of 2000 RSD 2015 Brand new & remastered from the original analog tapes.

Karen Dalton. It’s So Hard To Tell Who’s Going To Love you the Best. Remastered by Kevin Gray all analog from the original master tapes. RTI

1 Like

5 Likes

Any news on sound, source etc I have this on pre order but have been unable to find anything about it.

It’s taken from BBC broadcast tapes. Sound is mono and fine considering the source is 59 years old.

1 Like

I thought about that until I checked out the track listing and there all on here and many more.
Format depending.
Great atmospheric stuff. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The CDs are the way to go on this one - as you say, all of the available BBC sessions are included in full. For less £ too !

2 Likes

Unless you don’t have a cdp

1 Like

Hank Mobley - Workout, BN/Classic Series (2024)

One of the stand outs of this round of Blue Note Classic Series releases. Grant Green is especially on fire during this session and the rhythm section is of course one of the very, very best.

Excellent pressing and remastering again a real winner all round.

2 Likes

Super album to complete the pair with the tone poet release Another Workout.
Same rhythm section. :heart_eyes: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Unfortunately this one has to go back slight warp which causes fist few minutes to skip. Shame I was really looking forward to it let’s hope the replacement is ok

Edit: Amazon replacement arriving tomorrow

5 Likes

Great music I’ve got this on CD :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hergest Ridge - the 1974 demo by Mike Oldfield

2 Likes