What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Just picked up vinyl copy yesterday - brilliant album

Have on CD also

1 Like

Julie London ‎– Julie Is Her Name Volume Two, Analogue Productions (2016)

This is Vol 2 45RPM version remastered by KG and pressed at QRP found this nearly mint copy for £40 inc postage. I’d like to add the BG cut Vol 1 when I find a reasonably priced copy.

R-10418245-1497027551-3958

5 Likes

If These Trees Could Talk - Bones of a Dying World

A sumptuous slice of tumultuous post-rock

2 Likes

My replacement of The 3 Sounds turned up which still clicks twice on the intro to both sides but doesn’t skip so it’s obviously another Optimal c*** up It’s such a fantastic record that I’ve decided to keep it as I just can’t be bothered to return it and the rest sounds good enough.

Bobby Watson Quartet - Love Remains, Red Records (2021)

3 Likes

Marc Cohn Released 1991

5 Likes

Arrived this morning, a trio of the AP Atlantic 75 45s.

Should be excellent!

Hall & Oates Abandoned Luncheonette

Charlie Mingus Blues & Roots

David Crosby
If I Could Only Remember My Name

9 Likes

A musically excellent but sonically rather uneven collection from DB and Sony Columbia. Probably most notable for offering the Pet Shop Boys’ Hello Spaceboy. Some tracks sound very good, but weirdly the ones that you know should sound fab instead sound flat (Let’s Dance, Modern love and China Girl for example). Maybe Sony didn’t get the original master tapes from the let’s Dance album.?

2 Likes

Julie London - This is Julie London, Analogue Productions (2016)

Cracking LP with reference quality sound the AP 45rpm Lady in Satin is very, very good but this better.

4 Likes

So, on my travels earlier today, I managed to pick up a US first vinyl pressing of Todd’s A Wizard, A True Star (complete with the funny cut inner and outer sleeves) for a mere five English pounds. Both sleeves, as well as the record, look to be in very decent nick. Result!

8 Likes

And from the same place, I got a first (1974) French pressing of the double LP Todd. Poster was missing so again, it was just a fiver.

10 Likes

Paul Weller - 66, Polydor Records (2024)

In his 66th year and his 45th of releasing quality popular music he has produced another top quality album really nicely mastered too it sounds excellent on my set up. I’ve only played the regular 33rpm version and not tried the 7" box set yet.

7 Likes

A Wizard… was the first Todd I ever bought. I adored it then and still do.

What a glorious album.

4 Likes

Bit of a shopping spree the last couple of days. I keep telling myself that I need to take a break but I just end up having to but more storage units …

3 Likes

Is ‘Ship Of Fools’ a cover of the Doors’ song?

There are those weasel words “cut at 45 RPM” when they mean that it plays at 45 RPM, so that LP is a no-no for me.

Nope. Nothing like it.

‘Weasel words’!

The b!stards
How very dare they! :rofl:

1 Like

My latest purchase arrived today - Rafael Kubelik’s November 1973 Chicago SO recording of Bartok’s Concert for Orchestra in DG’s wonderful limited edition The Original Source LP series, which is record number 1583 of the 3000 pressed.

Even though there is some awesome 45rpm material out there, I presume that the chances of you adapting one of those two gorgeous LP12’s to 45rpm is less than zero?

:grin: