What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Just ordered this from Bandcamp after hearing one track on Radio 6, listened to the download while driving today and am very pleased I took a punt on it, eagerly awaiting the vinyl’s arrival.
Mount Kimbie - The Sunset Violent

1 Like

Both very nicely presented in gate-fold sleeves and great pressings. The PF needed sleeve inserts added as the cardboard sleeves were leaving a bit of dirt on the records.

16 Likes

Hi Kev.

This album brings back so many memories.

My brother in law (now passed) both bought a copy from Virgin Records in Sheffield one Saturday afternoon in 1974 for £10, which seemed a lot of money at the time.

I remember it took ages for us to decide if it would be worth it.

Definitely was.

ATB Graham.

2 Likes

A great looking reissue of an album I lost long ago. Hope it sounds as good…

Diamanda Galás
2021 reissue by
Intravenal Sound Operations

3 Likes

Cave In - Heavy Pendulum (2022, limited edition)

Seeing the boys for the first time ever in Sydney on Saturday night so decided to pick up their latest album on vinyl ahead of the gig as I’ve only been streaming it up until recently.

1 Like

The new Black Keys offering “Ohio Players”.
Just the one listen but probably my least favourite of their’s so far.

And this one, to complete the set of Dire Straits releases on the MFSL 2x 45rpm format.

5 Likes

Picked this up today from the Record shop in the Pannier Market in Tavistock. Appears to be the 1972 reissue (orig 1962) and plays like it’s mint! 10 squid :squid:

9 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Love trio with piano

Limited edition blue vinyl version of Guitars by Mike Oldfield. An album that is interesting because all sounds were made by playing guitars (also bass). Maybe not the best Oldfield album where it comes to the compositions themselves, although there are some beautiful pieces nonetheless with a special mention of Muse: a beautiful little gem.

1 Like

Richard Hawley - InThis City They Call You Love - Signed Assai Obi edition Turquoise Coloured Vinyl.

6 Likes

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

I much prefer the live album over the studio efforts.

11 Likes

Ditto :+1:

20 years has absolutely flown by - what a great album. Looking forward to seeing them at Glastonbury (Abbey) in August.

6 Likes

Eels Time!

Then again, it’s nearly always Eels time in my house …

6 Likes

Amanda Bergman’s latest on black vinyl.

Really looking forward to this one I have a Spanish reissue from a few years back but this will almost certainly be an improvement.