What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

The Blurb:

Analogue Productions (Atlantic 75 Series)
Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Atlantic Records!
6x platinum-selling album includes “New Sensation,” “Never Tear Us Apart,” “Devil Inside,” and the No. 1 hit “Need You Tonight”
180-gram 45 RPM double LP release
Mastered by Ryan K. Smith from an EQ’d tape copy
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
Tip-on old style gatefold double pocket jackets with film lamination by Stoughton Printing

Just finishing off in the Degritter, can’t wait to spin it in a minute. Ooh, that rhymes.

11 Likes

Van’s latest arrived today.

4 Likes

How is the sound?
I have a UK original press so was wondering if this was worth looking at…

It is a very clean pressing, no clicks or crackles and sounds very nice to my ears.

Thanks @elverdiblanco.

If I see a copy, I may chance it. My first press is in very good nick so it’s more the mastering I was thinking about. Ta.

I don’t have the original so I can’t compare. A few copies can be found on a Google search and on Discogs

Sorry fro my curiosity but perhaps you saw in concert in Sweden (or elsewhere) some of these bands ? LED ZEPPELIN, FREE, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH, LYNYRD SKYNYRD, GENTLE GIANT, GENESIS, YES, WHITESNAKE, RAINBOW ? Thanks for your memories

Roger Waters - The Lockdown Sessions

I’ve been enjoying this a lot on Qobuz, so thought I’d buy my own copy. I hate buying records! It’s such a risky business. This one is supplied in a printed glossy paper inner sleeve. There were multiple micro shards of paper on the glued edges, which were stuck to the LP in strips down both edges of side B. The first track on that side is The Gunner’s Dream, which of course starts out quietly. Despite two cleans on the Okki Nokki, it’s still not perfect, the first minute or so being a bit crackly. I also had to run a drill bit through the hole in order to get it to slip over the spindle. Those issues aside, it’s a fine album, despite Roger’s added political comments!

The question is can I be bothered to say I’m going to return it to Amazon and try a second copy, before deciding which to keep? The dilemma of buying records!

2 Likes

Returning to Amazon is so easy it’s a no brainer.
I’d like to try and support independents but for me it either involves a car journey and parking, then the same all over again if defective or a PITA of a returns process, so Amazon gets a lot of my business.

Also, I have one of the “Big Fudge” sticky roller things that I find works well on paper dust and the like. I use that and then immediately give it a couple of runs through the RCM.

Impressed with this record company it has an anti static sleeve attached

1 Like

Nice to see the poly lined sleeve, nice album too.

1 Like

First John Williams LP

4 Likes

Chet Baker - Pretty/Groovy, PacificJazz (1983)

Japanese King Records reissue of this 1958 Pacific Jazz compilation.

3 Likes

Got this today @Bobthebuilder – with Philip Catherine (guitar) and Jean-Louis Rassinfosse (bass)

4 Likes

Managed to get my hands on a signed copy of the new Glass Animals album.

A couple of the fabulous pressings from the Atlantic 75th Anniversary series. INXS KICK & David Crosby if only I could remember my name.

5 Likes

@WolF

:+1:t3: for the Crosby, a beautiful album and superb reissue… I’ve yet to do a vs my other copies (MFSL, Anniversary set, UK first press, Classic Records), but I know I’ll end up keeping em all!

1 Like

And on the Atlantic 75’s by AP…just arrived:

I’m not exactly a Yes fan (putting it mildly, lol) but I’ve always liked this one, and the reissue is just excellent.

Yes
The Yes Album
Atlantic 75 Analogue Productions

11 Likes

Hi I have the 5oth Anniversary US pressing editions cut by Chris Bellman which is just amazing. However I have found this new Atlantic 75th Anniversary 45rpm edition just brilliant in that the bass is more tighter allowing a lot more detail and depth thru, whilst the bass still has that Big impact on your body when turned up. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Both arrived yesterday way ahead of schedule. Jake Xerxes Fussell When I’m Called and T. Rex Electric Warrior. A Kevin Gray cut from the original master tapes.

9 Likes