What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Just arrived from Craft Recordings: Patrice Rushen’s landmark debut, on the all-analogue, Kevin Gray-cut, Jazz Dispensary series:

6 Likes

Hope you’ve played The Stooges by now @Taake!

It’s a great record, that needs to be played

I’ve only one ERC (Forever Changes) and I’d love to read your reaction to the absolute classic you bought.

2 Likes

2024 remix of Fish’s ‘Internal Exile’ arrived today. Enjoyed the stream version during the week so something for the weekend.

1 Like

7 Likes

Lee Morgan - Taru, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2024)

What a beautiful record featuring original Lee Morgan compositions. KG and the Tone poet team have excelled again.

4 Likes

What pressing of Live Dead goes for £30?

It’s 1974 US reissue. I perhaps paid a bit too much (in Discogs it’s trading just under 20 and it’s €). However, I bought this from a shop just around the corner where I live. I kind of know the shopkeeper and always pay what he asks and every now and then he then gives me something for free (or reduced price).

1 Like

Hope it’s a Warner greenie. Bargain at that price!

No, I think it’s this one:

• Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, [etched]): 39602 2WS 1830-1E-A
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, [etched]): 39603 2WS 1830 B 1-D
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, [etched]): 39604 2WS 1830 C-1B
  • Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, [etched]): 39605 2WS 1830 D-1B

Burbank (Palm Trees) labels with WEA logo.
Warner’s Loss Leaders inner sleeve 1974 printing
Disc one has sides A and D (1&4).
Disc two has sides B and C (2&3).
On labels: Made in U.S.A.

2 Likes

Still a good price for a US copy, assuming condition is vg+ to ex.

Nice.

1 Like

No, not yet, and not for a while me thinks. I’ll keep it snugly nestled in my collection until the right moment. No rush.

Pestilential Shadows - Devil’s Hammer (2024, limited edition)

Saw these local boys supporting Ulcerate Saturday night and came away impressed enough to nap their new album from the merch bar. Always nice to support Sydney bands, especially black metal ones.

1 Like

I just got around to playing a new LP and the spindle hole is very tight. Is there an exact size it should be, if I’m brave enough to take a drill to it? You’d think this was a basic thing to get right on a new record?

@Mike_S

Don’t need a drill, Mike. I use a pencil (the ridged ones usually) rotating it a few turns: works on most…if the spindle hole is very tight, a Stanley blade (without the handle), insert up to the diameter and gently turn once or twice: a few small shavings are enough.

2 Likes

Meat loaf

Bat Out Of Hell

Pink Floyd

The Dark Side Of The Moon Vinyl LP 50th Anniversary 2023

Wish You Were Here - Remastered 180 Gram - Vinyl LP

£50 from HMV.

Edward

13 Likes

Nice trio, especially the first one

:slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it should sound very good. On the Hoffman thread on GD vinyl the thread starter claims that the U.K. first pressing is best sounding. No idea whether that is the case but mine sounds excellent.

You’re in Finland!

1 Like

As I have mentioned many times before this for me is one of the best albums of all time.

I have just read a few reviews online and the general impression are that the “Friday Records” version is the best. I will have to try and get a copy of this version.

Edward

2 Likes

Yes, in Helsinki.

1 Like

I’ve heard a mid-70’s German ( sold ), and currently own a US early/first and a first US white label promo.

I’ve never heard the UK first Live Dead, but I seem generally to prefer US if an album was recorded there. Not a hard and fast rule (some US vinyl was poor quality back in the oil shortage, leading to s/noise).

Glad to hear yours sounds good :+1:t3: