What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

From Juno & postie this merrie morn. Wayne Shorter Celebration Vol 1 - his brilliant Quartet live in Stockholm 2014 Blue Note double album.

7 Likes

Have the OG and 2015 remaster but had to try the double album of Little Earthquakes and yes it clearly benefits by being spread over 2 discs and great pressing.

Space Oddity is the Tony Visconti mix from 2019.

IMG_0740

9 Likes

Another sweet haul from the Pannier Market today…

The Brubeck is super cool! Cc. @Tony on The Inkspots👍

All pre cleaned on a Project record cleaner before sale. Was sad to find out that they are closing their business at the end of September as have been delighted with the quality of their used vinyl.

5 Likes

Fab place…where is it, or sadly, was…

The Tavistock Pannier Market, the stall in the west corner. I think it’s called Lee Furneaux Books

2 Likes

Here’s another pic, from their FB…

4 Likes

Wayne Smith - Youth Man Skanking, VP/Jammy’s (2024)

I really hope this is a sign of things to come for VP Records who own or have access to some of the best reggae music ever recorded.

Time and care have been taken over this reissue when it was discovered there was some degradation with Jammy’s original two track tapes he transferred them onto a 24 bit file and they where given to Barry Grint at Air Studios who has done an excellent job remastering the record which sounds very good indeed on my system.

GZ have done an excellent job with the pressing too and instead of the bog standard white inner VP have produced a nice inner with interesting sleeve notes.

3 Likes

I’m really hoping they get round to reissuing some more of the Blood & Fire catalogue like Freedom Sounds in Dub and Darker Than Blue

1 Like

Is that a recent copy of Crime of the Century, Mike?

Album I got as a present from my son yesterday.
Love it when everything is made with passion.

3 Likes

Now we only would love to know what album it is?

2 Likes

Ahh, right!
It’s a album from Sleep Token and the album is Take me back to Eden from 2023.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a new pressing. I had thought of going used, but have too many bad experiences with old records. It’s a top notch recording too, so well pleased.

1 Like

Funny Mike, for me it’s the opposite actually, far more new pressings that have been flawed in some way, everything from loud background noise, bad sound to wrongly mastered. Definitely prefer older vinyl if I can choose. What have your bad experiences consisted of?

Actually, I have found that with the new stuff too. For older records, the issues have just been around condition - scratches mostly that I haven’t picked up on inspection when I’ve bought them second hand. I now just buy the occasional new record of an old analogue recording and use CD rips and hi-res digital for most of my collection.

1 Like

Thanks Mike, I’ll have to try a copy on vinyl. My experience lies somewhere between yours and that of @Bjorn in that I’ve had good and bad experiences with both new and used discs. The advantage with new, of course, is that it’s so easy to return for replacement or refund. In some cases I’ve returned the record and bought the CD instead.

1 Like

Arrived this morning. Lucinda Williams. Car Wheels On A Gravel Road.

7 Likes

Right now from Amazon

4 Likes

19 quid well spent…from the excellent Tubeway2 records Bridgnorth

3 Likes

I wish posters would give more details of location, its the www after all
A county and country would be nice.
Martin

1 Like