What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

This is a live-in- studio album produced by Paul Mc released nearly fifty years after it was first recorded.

6 Likes

From Willen Hospice charity music shop in Centre MK…

8 Likes

I remember going to see him live in Bristol in 1979, and still have that LP in my collection! Great fun :grinning:

1 Like

@mbear - Absolute bargain, that!
The Earth series.
Essential.
:+1:

1 Like

@Martinzero …Tubeway2 record shop in Bridgnorth Shropshire UK.

1 Like

Great, appreciated, I travel the world for work and live in Germany mostly and the UK, its not a criticism at all, but some just don’t get it, eg we went to the Hinds Head for dinner, in world wide terms this is next to useless. Just like me saying there’s a good barbers on Weinstrasse
Cheers
Martin

1 Like

P

Part of todays haul from Local Record Shop

11 Likes

Couldn’t resist buying more copies of The Blue Nile. Recently re-released on vinyl and bought from official TBN website.
These arrived by post during this morning…

By coincidence, not working today. ( Extra day following bank holiday Monday).
So, looks like a The Blue Nile musical extravaganza ahead. Starting with “Hats”, ( 1989).

Happy listening, ( on a Tuesday).
R

16 Likes

Have you found anywhere else in MK worth shopping in for LPs? Cry Tough anyhow is a good find on LP. I find the Willen shop second-hand stock disappointing and relatively expensive. Last time I went a few weeks ago they still had RSD stock at inflated prices.

1 Like

Not really apart from the Oxfam shop in Stony Stratford. I agree that the Willen shop can be expensive and I’ve only bought a couple from there.

Sometimes head over to David’s Music in Letchworth.

Oh, thanks - I haven’t tried that shop in Letchworth. Not much these days in Stony Stratford, I find.

1 Like

Tom McRae’s self released ‘All Maps Welcome’… slowly completing a vinyl version of all his work.

5 Likes

9 Likes

The replacement copy of DSOTM has landed, and I remembered I had a bottle of Old Peculier to boot. What’s not to like? This recording is really good and it’s a great rendition of the classic.

18 Likes

Bought to compare/ replace my aging original which appears to have Joni left of centre. This 2021/2022 remix and cut from the original masters has Joni centred as does the cd and stream. I wonder whether my original was just duff from the start. I’m reluctant to get another 1970’s copy from discogs to compare, but then again I’d like to know.
Oh this remix is as good as Joni ever sounded. I may now have to get the similar remix of Blue. :thinking:

11 Likes

The 2006 US Rhino cut by Chris Bellman and pressed by RTI is very good (look for the round RTI sticker). Nice heavy gatefold sleeve too.

3 Likes

Well poured, sir :+1:

2 Likes

Been meaning to get this for years

IMG_0759

8 Likes

Dynaudio1

Did you ever get to compare the Vocalion vs Trunk reissues of Hum Dono? I have the Vocalion but curious about how the Trunk compares?

1 Like

Haven’t listened to them both recently I’m afraid but what I can say is that both are good. Not sure what the source used by Trunk is (digital file supplied by Universal?) but the Vocalion I’ve heard came from the tape stored at Lansdowne Studios (now converted into posh flats).