What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

New today RUSH Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary Half Speed Master

Sounding just brilliant

12 Likes

Spot Rosie in the picture also :joy: :joy: :joy:

Is that the boxset? The accompanying live albums are superb.

2 Likes

No a single disc

1 Like

Thanks Dynaudio1.

where is that?
Martin

Lansdowne Studios - Recording studio run by Denis Preston and then Adrian Kerridge. It was located in Holland Park, London and stopped operating upon Kerridge’s passing in the 2000s. The music recorded at that place (not only jazz) was astonishing.

I think the posh flat conversion was featured in an episode of ‘Grand Designs’. The main recording area is now a designer kitchen, sad to say.

Sold my riaa to the shop I bought it from a few years ago. The sell second hand vinyl also. Got these.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Have just ordered the gaps in my collection on vinyl, thanks for posting !

1 Like

I’ve not heard the Vocalion reissue but what I can say is that Trunk reissue sounds excellent and is very nicely pressed by Optimal. Though I’m still not able to find out what source Trunk used It’s not really an issue as it sounds excellent to me but having said that I’m sure if it was a AAA reissue using the original tapes then that information would be stated.

John Coltrane double LP, love what they have done with the gatefold sleeve.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Miles. The New Miles Davis Quintet.
Original Jazz Classics Series.

8 Likes

I Really enjoyed this album

Great record how is the new OJC sound wise?

Sound quality is very good.

1 Like

71IembETIYL.AC_UY436_QL65
As this, like her last two albums seems to have a very limited non-digital release, I have managed to nab a vinyl copy of this. I look forward to a listen later. It may, like the last two be a slightly more challenging but highly rewarding listen.

5 Likes

71xbCSIcpHL.AC_UY436_QL65
I also managed to get a copy of this on vinyl for a very affordable sum. I am also looking forward to listening to this too.

5 Likes

Picked this up today, to be cleaned and then I’ll listen tomorrow when my wife’s out for most of the day.

4 Likes