What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Enjoy it’s a beautiful album.

Really pleased with these two…

Wayne Smith - Youthman Skanking (h/t to @Bobthebuilder). A high quality and remastered release for under £20 - I guess it can be done after all. I’m looking at you various Jazz labels!

Mad Professor - Dubs That Time Forgot 2
Next cuts to several “Shaka style” productions by Mad Prof from years gone by. I dare say he may have had an agreement with the man to not release until his passing, although I have no evidence of this. An essential release imo.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Digging some records in Berlin

2 Likes

Joe Bonamassa side project.

1 Like

I just bought the new 8-LP vinyl issue of both Chick Corea Trilogy albums that just started shipping. My copy shipped and will be here tomorrow.

Part of Trilogy 2 was recorded here in St. Louis. My wife and I went to hear that in 2016, although we were there the night before the set that appears on the record. Great musicians, great music.

6 Likes

I’ve just ordered a couple of the Hyperion label’s first Vinyl issues to test the water on their vinyl skills. At £18 each, they are much more reasonably priced than most.
Then to celebrate the savings(!) I also finally caved in on the DG Original Source HvK Mahler 5 as it now has a slightly reduced price. That’s my excuse for the indulgence anyway :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

King Crimson: Sheltering Skies. A double live from 1982 recorded in Frejus, France. It’s the lineup that included Adrian Belew from the Discipline era. Sounding great.

3 Likes

Just arrived. A day early. Release date is tomorrow. :smile:

4 Likes

Any good in terms of audio quality?

Audio quality’s fine. It’s the music you need to worry about. And that’s rather less than fine.

4 Likes

Not had a chance to play it yet.

Been after a clean US copy of this for ages…finally a NM first pressing of the Bob Ludwig cut.

The wonderful
Big Science
Laurie Anderson
WB 1982

One of my most favourite albums ever, (could say that about most of Laurie’s stuff, tbh). I find her voice hypnotic. Never gets old.

Can’t wait to side-by-side this with my first press UK.

11 Likes

Tell us what you thought :+1:

Will do - I can say this 1982 US RL sounds wonderful - very clear, detailed and dynamic, & with not a single pop or click - unlike the brand new vinyl of Amelia.

1 Like

:face_with_peeking_eye: figured that much, heard two songs,…not his best

1 Like

3 Likes

Hi Kev would appreciate a review of this release.

This was in this mornings Times…

“Along with his trademark unhurried guitar, the Pink Floyd veteran’s new album acknowledges how lucky he was to grow up in a time of relative peace and optimism

Gilmour’s new album serves as a reminder of his part in Pink Floyd, with that expansive, unhurried playing style of his getting so much expression from every note.

The album also carries an essential optimism, melancholic but hopeful, which stands so clearly against the furious righteousness of Waters’s approach”…Will Hodgkinson

ATB Graham.

2 Likes

Graham – I like two tracks (the title tune and “Scattered” and unsurprisngly they are the two most Floydian). But the rest I find morose, low on energy and just a bit boring. Maybe it’ll improve with more listens. His guitar is still magic though.

4 Likes

And another Craft cracker! Thx to @TheKevster for recommending. Quality anti-static inner too - Impulse & others please note.

3 Likes