What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Another quality Crafty reissue:

3 Likes

Two albums by Sierra Ferrell. Long time Coming & Trail of flowers. If you like Gillian Welch & David Rawlings music, you will most likely enjoy these two albums.

Just arrived (yesterday)!

5 Likes

Great second hand purchase!
Limited edition reissue.

4 Likes

I’ve been working my way through this:

This is the 17-LP set of the complete Bruckner Symphonies, released last month as part of the DG Classics Original Source series. This was mastered from the original 8-track tapes directly to the cutting console, with no intermediate 2-track copy tapes. It sounds fantastic.

It’s a numbered, limited edition of 2000 copies worldwide.

7 Likes

Most of what is good comes from Europe, high time for you to come home to your roots again :grin:

I have a German birth certificate and a U.S. naturalization certificate. That may end up ‘six of one’ or ‘half a dozen of the other’

Meanwhile, the Bruckner is indeed sublime (and he was Austrian anyway). I ended up getting my copy from Amazon JP for the same price you all pay for it in EU.

1 Like

Fantastic that you got your hands on it considering the limited world edition, big congrats! :+1:

1 Like

Honestly, for the cost of €300 and $500 U.S. I didn’t think it was going to sell out that quickly. That’s a big ask for people to pay for Bruckner. If it were Beethoven or Mahler I could see it selling faster. I was already a big fan of Bruckner, but it’s not like he’s that popular. I ended up paying $303 U.S. delivered, so I came out pretty good.

To put things in perspective, this is the 200th year anniversary of Bruckner’s birth, and HvK had a special connection to his music from an early age. His performances with the Berliner are exemplary, so this set is truly a gem of the DG catalog, for those who appreciate the music.

And how can you not like those magnificent brass choirs?

1 Like

And if you like those brass choirs be sure to check out the DG The Original Source series reissue of Barenboim/CSO Bruckner 4. Barenboim really unleashes the brass choirs of the CSO and it is just magnificent.

1 Like

I’ve several of these DG original master and they sound superb. Congratulations :clinking_glasses:

I’m in for the entire series so far. I have all titles released, and I preordered the next round of four. This is a fantastic series. Sort of the classical counterpart to (and inspired by) the Tone Poet Blue Note series (and I have all but one of those 112 released titles).

1 Like

I preordered the new release as well. Can’t wait.

Ordered a copy of this immediately upon hearing it on Qobuz today…

Nala Sinephro - Endlessness

Ambient Jazz with harps and synths and it’s on Warp Records to boot. Perfection

3 Likes

Couple of nice finds at Barnardo’s earlier…

Oscar Peterson on Verve plus a locally produced Jazz LP which also appears to be signed by the band. Both were quite mucky but with a good clean with a cloth they both sound great. Very enjoyable and only a quid each

5 Likes

Jaubi - A Sound Heart, Riaz Records (2024)

My favourite record of 2024 so far, as on their debut record Nafs at Peace the Pakistani trio are joined by Londoner Ed ‘Tenderlonious’ Cawthorne and Polish keys player Marek ‘Latarnik’ Pędziwiatr A Sound Heart also features trumpeter Nick Walters, Tim Carnegie on drums and on one track Mingusterstood (Blues for Mingus) the excellent Hamish Balfour.

All tracks are again written by guitarist Ali Riaz Baqar except Raga Bairagi Todi which is written by fellow Jaubi member Zohaib Hassan Khan a 7th generation sarangi maestro and one of the three remaining professional sarangists in Pakistan. Last but certainly not least Jaubi member tabla player Kashif Ali Dhani from the Punjab is also classically trained these are three serious musicians who have chosen Jazz to expand from their own very rigid musical traditions.

Really well mastered by Jason Goz at Transistion studios in London not sure where it was pressed but both records of my copy are quiet and flat.

2 Likes

Originalpress :innocent:

3 Likes

A 1973 rarity released in 1989

4 Likes

The Oscar Peterson LP is a favourite Jazz album in my collection.

1 Like

Picked this up direct from Ras Imru Asha who has self released it via Bandcamp. It is the original cuts of Marshall that were released on Jah Shaka Music in 1982. This copy comes signed by the artist!

3 Likes