What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Not as good as the CD version I have, but it’s always good to have a vinyl version just in case the server or streamer goes down.

1 Like

Nice early press

12 Likes

Horace Parlan Quintet - Speakin’ My Piece - Blue Note 4000 series - Japan 1991
This record is in the top 5 Blue Note records that I’ve heard and I finally found a copy that didn’t make me wince when I pressed ‘pay now’.

3 Likes

Mine arrived on Thursday but has a damaged record! I think there must have been grit in the sleeve. Anyway, yes I have some tears on the sleeves too but would live with those, but it is going back. I remain pxxxxed off that box sets still come with nice big thick records in cardboard/thick paper sleeves.

I was looking forward to it as I was at those gigs at the Rainbow and the live lp is the one that is damaged! Oh well.

May from HMV in 2 x £30 - one missing Dusty to follow, but The XX Alarness and Lara - all excellent albums

4 Likes

91DBGhO5QiL.SS500

Bonny Light Horseman…

7 Likes

Permanent waves 40th anniversary edition. Amazon

6 Likes

Lovely blue vinyl:

4 Likes

61FE5K5l9kL.AA256

Tash Sultana - Flow State

1 Like

Sun Ra triple live; the great June Tyson (Ra’s singer) and another Khruangbin. Going to have me a spacy day…

Almost forgot! Ornette, on Supraphon

7 Likes

See what you lot have made me go and do?
I’ve a while to wait to play them though. My 552 is at the menders …:cry:

10 Likes

Hopefully you’ll get a better one back well worth the price and that Rainbow LP is excellent can’t get enough of that live version of Guiltiness. That must have been some gig I was only 9 back then but can still remember my earliest memory of Top of the Pops was Bob singing Three Little Birds and can remember listening in wonder as a 12 year old when my friends older brother described seeing Bob at the Brighton Centre in 1980.

I got really into reggae all through my teens but didn’t rediscover Bob Marley & The Wailers until maybe ten years later stupidly we all thought he was too commercial for our too cool teenage selves.

Born To Blue is excellent.

ordered ready for 26th of this month Stones half speed masters, Sticky Fingers, Exit on Main Street, Some Girls#

judging on the other Albums I have from Abbey Road, should be in for some good music

9 Likes

Looking forward to getting this!

4 Likes

One of my favourite artist

9 Likes

Budgie In For The Kill and
Masters or Reality both from eBay

1 Like

First time on vinyl – completes the BN collection.

4 Likes

Kev, what’s your verdict on this one? I’ve been holding off because while the others were very good, I didn’t think they eclipsed the originals. Of course, I realise that any resistance where is futile - I will buy it regardless. It’s inevitable…

Haven’t had the chance to play it yet Richard. It’s not an album I’ve ever been enamoured with to be honest. I’ll give it a spin later when I take a break from work.

I didn’t bother getting the Hats or Peace at Last reissues as I already had originals of both. I don’t like the latter* and I was very happy with my original copy of the former. I got the Rooftops reissue and thought it was very, very good, but no better than either the first (with a slightly different cover) and second presses I have – didn’t quite have the “hugeness” of sound those early pressings have.

*Interestingly, when I saw BN at the Albert Hall back in 1997, the Peace at Last material came over very well in the live setting, so I wonder with that album whether it’s a matter of presentation/production rather than of the songs.

1 Like