What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I should add, it comes with an inner bag (but no polylined inner) - there was so much static on the record I actually had trouble extracting it from the sleeve!

Of course it is inevitable it has never been released on vinyl before. I was hoping postie would have brought mine today but alas no.
Be quick though I don’t think the pressing had too many copies on vinyl

I cracked about two minutes after I posted…

3 Likes

That’s the spirit :rofl:

Still waiting

Can’t wait to hear this - was cut live to disc…

1 Like

Me too, ordered from whs at that price. To good to miss.yet to play it…

The Delines - Scenic Sessions

5 Likes

Just bought a mint Bob Marley box set. It’s so difficult finding originals in mint condition, this seemed to be the only way…

10 Likes

It’s been a while that I only buy new records.

In the last months, I had a lot of problems with Discogs (8 on 10 NM that weren’t even VG …).

M.

2015 180gr. RE (new on Amazon)

8 Likes

Postie brought mine thus morning and I’m playing it now. Thankfully mine didn’t have much static so it was fairly easy to get it out of the printed sleeve. I have to say though that this pressing sounds fantastic. High on vinyl has been a long time coming and this pressing certainly does it justice. Next up will be to rip the CD version to my NAS, I already have the original CD version on it but disc 2 is new

Funkadelic - One nation under a groove
This arrived this morning another to join my Funkadelic collection. The heavyweight vinyl reissue is full of detail and sounding great.
Also included is a “Bonus” 7” EP

4 Likes

I think this has been the first CD I’ve ripped using dbPoweramp that said it wasn’t in the accuraterip database. Makes for a much slower 2 pass secure rip, took the best part of 20 mins to do both discs.

The 45rpm is a killer!

So is the CD. The version I have contains five alternate takes too, which are fun to compare with those chosen for the official release.

815b1xO56zL.SS500

1 Like

Nice - how’s the bass on the reissue?
My US first press is a quite a little bass-light, especially the title track.

Nice that the reissue also includes the 7"!

Hi Stevie, I’ve not heard the original to compare, but I do feel a little more bass wouldn’t have done any harm. I didn’t feel it was noticeably light on the initial listen but on a second visit the vocals and mids do come out on top (as you mentioned more so on the title track). I’m playing it now and being drawn in to the R&B funkyness of it. It is a great album all the same.

I’ve not played the 7" yet, it’s the first in my collection!

1 Like

Very jealous Richard a beautiful boxset. All my originals have all seen much better days from a time when unfortunately I didn’t take such good care of my records and though I’ve added duplicates of all the LP’s included in your set I really should add duplicate VG+ or mint condition 1st presses.