What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Easy Skanking Live Boston '78 - Tuff Gong - 2015
Released for Bob’s 75th birthday celebrations back in 2015 it’s another excellent live performance from the 1978 World tour.

3 Likes

Franz Ferdinand - Always Ascending (snazzy pink translucent vinyl).
Iron & Wine - Beast Epic (blue and red vinyl).
Gil Scott-Heron - Moving Target (early German pressing).
Yazoo - You and Me Both (UK first pressing).
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream. Already have this in the collection, but my version beyond cleaning unfortunately (UK first pressing).
Gil Scott-Heron - Reflections (early German pressing).

A nice haul from two sellers on the auction site…

4 Likes

Bass-light or not, it’s a great album. Very clear and detailed as you said. I love it. Enjoy!

ps Who did the reissue?

It is a problem with the original LPs, and even the reissues. It’s great music and tends to be played - a lot! Finding really minty originals is very difficult, and when they do crop up they’re always very expensive indeed. The Box Set is worth having just to get mint all-analogue pressings. The only shame is that you lose the original sleeves, artwork etc… but you do get a nice book instead…

The most highly regarded copies are inside the box set you have and it’s considered to be far superior to more recent Island recordings one but that does have a rather nice Catch A Flame outer box.

Charley Records according to the sleeve…hopefully that means more to you than me!

@Phil1
Yes… Charly have been around awhile, late 70s I think. Pretty much all reissues - don’t recall if they actually ever had new releases.

1 Like

Boulez Conducts Varèse:

4 Likes

Texas Sun - Khruangbin & Leon Bridges - Dead Oceans 2020

6 Likes

Pure Pleasure 100% analogue reissue

2 Likes

Hugh Mundell ft Lacksley Castell - Jah Fire - Greensleeves 2013 RE.
Two fantastic roots singers share the spotlight on this classic 1980 roots lp.
Produced by Prince Jammy and featuring the invincible Sly & Robbie.

3 Likes

From the days when they were good (ie, late 70s/early 80s)

3 Likes

David Gray - White Ladder -
Mixed reviews on the quality of this vinyl reissue but thought I’d give it a try as it’s such a great record. Like a lot of people I’d imagine it’s one of those ‘I wish they’d release that on vinyl’ albums it was a great sounding CD so let’s hope they’ve done a good job.

4 Likes

I was not lucky with this one, sad to say. Very flat sound and awful distortion on two copies, both sent back. I hope you’re luckier with yours than I was with mine.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Yes apparently very hit and miss but worth a shot. What a shame though such a great record that was crying out for a well thought out vinyl release.

These arrived today:

5 Likes

I just got back from my first trip to a record store in many years, I picked up some old favourites, even managed to grab a few original pressings. Currently listening to DSOTM.:+1:t6:

15 Likes

What a terrible sounding record it’s as if the music was recorded inside a box and David Gray was singing into a dust mask each part of the mix was separated from the next .
The original CD and the Tidal stream sound fantastic so it’s difficult to know how they made such a mess of it.
A terrible shame it could and should have been so good in the right hands.