What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Oh no, I’m so sorry. Maybe there’s a duff pressing or cut out there because some seem quite happy with it.

Maybe or perhaps it’s system dependant it’s hard to see how copies of the same issue can be so different. I managed one and a half tracks before I turned it off because it was actually unpleasant to listen too.

Yup, same here. Ghastly.

Norah Jones - Pick me up off the floor. Flat, quiet and comes with poly lined inner sleeve(!).

5 Likes

4 Likes

Love that Lana Del Ray album but I’ve had three copies and they are all rotten pressings plus the Flac download is nonsense because it doesn’t include the correct meta data so the tracks all turn out in the wrong order. I’ve tried re-editing the file and found that impossible. Shame. The music is sensational.

Gorgeous album. Saw them perform it live and it was sensational. Excellent taste! Check out the album by Muzz - no Anaïs but Josh K on sparkling form.

The MoFi pressings are spectacular! Also expensive! I actually prefer the 33rpm to the 45rpm ultra expensive one!

1 Like

Agreed. I still have my original uk press. Much better than most later ones.

1 Like

@nickghough

I still have to do the first UK vs first US shootout.
I really should get round to that…

2 Likes

I have gone vinyl crazy during the lockdown period and am now on first name terms with our postie:

• Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme
  • Thelonious Monk - Monks Dream
  • Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz
  • Hank Mobley - Poppin’
  • Tina Brookes - Minor Moves
  • Art Blakey - Indestructible
  • Lou Donaldson - Mr Shing A Ling
  • John Coltrane - Blue World and Blue Train
  • Donald Byrd - Ethiopian Nights, also awaiting a parcel from France.
  • Miles Davis - Sorcerer, Miles in the Sky, Porgy & Bess and Milestones
  • Nina Simone - Fodder On My Wings
  • Bob Marley - Exodus

I think this is it, to be honest I have lost track (pun intended).

I haven’t played any of them as my new TT has been stuck at my dealers since lockdown. I just hope the First Minister of Wales has some good news for me this coming Thursday.

2 Likes

What label is the Bill Evans? A friend bought the green vinyl copy but I’m wary…could be public domain job. And Monk?

Bill Evans is an OJC 088 from 2011 and pressed by RTI, I believe. I did buy it new and sealed. Monk is the One Step Ultradisc.

@TK421
The Monk then, is wonderful! Beautiful release.

I don’t know the OJC Evans…

Many thanks @steviebee, I feel somewhat reassured with the purchase. My best mate thinks I am absolutely nuts and Mrs TK421 wasn’t thrilled either. This is partly why I did’t buy the One Step Bill Evans.

They have all been through the VC-E cleaning regime and are ready to play. Just need the TT and new speakers now.

ATB,

Mike

Mike, the One Step Monk is superb!
Good choice.
Enjoy!

I’ll hunt up the OJC Evans.

1 Like

Wow. it’s out?
How is the performance?
I have not been too enthused about Haitink’s recorded performance ( tho I don’t think I have heard one with Berliner ) but his live concerts with CSO have been memorable experience for me.

I just picked up Jochum’s Bruckner 7.
R-4222693-1359065201-8273.jpeg

I got the green vinyl pressing direct from the Lana Del Rey official store and I find the SQ on it very good indeed. The download code I got with it was wav files with OK-ish metadata, only really the album artist tag missing of the essentials. Screenshot below shows files extracted from the zip file without any editing (other than to obfuscate the sweary word in the album title)

1 Like

@kuma…Not opened yet. Waiting for my new arm/cart combo…will celebrate their arrival with this record…Jochum is the Classic with Bruckner!

Please report back~
Is this a limited edition?