What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Comprehensive Information to be found on AnalogPlanet from Michael Fremer…Limited to 1884 (the year the Symphony debutet)…all analog direct-to-disc Recording…really looking forward to listening!

Linval Thompson - I Love Marijuana - Music On Vinyl RE (2019)
Linval Thompson - Look How Me Sexy - Greensleeves UK 1st press (1982)

s-l500

3 Likes

Just received some Speakers Corner LPs from Scott Nangle - great service by the way, so highly recommended. Am listening to this new reissue of Carly Simon’s No Secrets. Cut by Kevin Gray, pressed by Pallas, it’s a good ‘un…

9 Likes

A favourite of @Pete_the_painter

1 Like

I’ve heard so many horror stories about that guy, @Richard.Dane, that I wouldn’t dare order from him (although his vinyl and SACD selection looks great).

I’ve bought plenty from him and haven’t had any real problems. Forgot to post something once but that’s it and the selection of stuff is huge. A good place to go if you’re after the more limited stuff.

Alan

My girlfriend ordered some Mofi LPs for me for Christmas. He was very helpful to her and all went well. So I’ve decided to order a few times from him since and I was impressed with how well packed the LPs were, and each one coming inside its own heavy duty “blake” sleeve too.

Ironically this last order, did go a bit pear shaped, mainly thanks to a change of courier. However, as soon as I raised the alarm, SN immediately despatched another package via the usual DPD and it arrived next day, so I cannot fault the service, so far.

The first two are on Pure Pleasure. Unfortunately they are no longer explicit about the tape source, simply stating they use the best available sources. However the Bobbie Gentry and Canned Heat are remastered by Sean Magee at Abbey Road and sound good. The Dr John is on Speakers Corner and is all analogue. It sounds very good but doesn’t have the same musical force as Gris Gris.

Do note that all Speakers Corner and Pure Pleasure LPs can be ordered directly online from the Pure Pleasure website.

4 Likes

Maybe he has upped his game. I steered away from ordering from him some years ago, although I cannot now remember what prompted it.

Hi @CliveB - I know for a fact that the Bobbie LP is all-analogue, and is an improvement sound wise on my UK and US Capitol 1st pressings.

All the recent PPs are 100% analogue (mastered by Ray Staff at Air Mastering in Hampstead) and are utterly excellent…

2 Likes

:musical_keyboard: Joe Jackson - keyboards, vocals
:guitar: Graham Maby - bass, vocals
:drum: Dave Houghton - drums, vocals

<>

HU from Stu:
Double vinyl presently £6.87 Amazon (Prime) :smile: :+1:

9 Likes

Hi Kev, I am pretty sure you will be well aware of the forthcoming Delta Sweete release, but just thought I’d pass this on anyway
Alan
https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/bobbie-gentry-the-delta-sweete-deluxe/

1 Like

Yep thanks Alan. Already ordered on vinyl and CD. :smile:

Never doubted it :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Her new one, out today. I was very impressed with her previous effort, Cosmic Wink, so I thought I’d give this a go.

2 Likes

So worth me trading in my first UK presses and getting the reissues?

(I think your answer will be " Have both!" :wink:)

1 Like

Finally…after looking for years, one of my favourite albums (had CD since 1996), Ex+ vinyl:

I am sooooo happy!

And a rather nice 1961 mono of Diz, vinyl Ex+:

Today has been great!

Jeez… the Linn needs a dust! Shocking…

5 Likes

Unknown This arrived this morning. And mighty fine it is too. A solid and quiet slab of vinyl.

Nice one Debs, and Stu, of course.

‘troll

1 Like

I have my summer holiday this week so I popped into the local record store. Time to give Tidal a rest for a few days…

3 Likes