What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Due for release on Friday - 19th June 2020 :us: :cowboy_hat_face:

Neil Young has said this album is ‘the unheard bridge between Harvest and Comes a Time’, which perfectly describes the warm, semi-acoustic feel of these twelve songs. Originally intended to be released in 1975, the album has remained unreleased since then, and has a legendary status among Neil’s fans. Seven of the songs are previously unreleased on any album, and different versions of the other five songs would appear on later Neil Young albums. Neil plays guitar, piano and harmonica on the album, and is accompanied by a stellar group of musicians including Levon Helm, Ben Keith, Karl T Himmel, Tim Drummond, Emmylou Harris and Robbie Robertson.

<>

13 Likes

Enjoy! I just love that new pressing I keep listening to it

Claude

@Debs 19th June double treat. Both Bob and Neil.

2 Likes

Local s/h record shop due to reopen this weekend. Invited to appraise the IPC arrangements- all excellent given that there’s a lot of touching going on as people browse. Bought these 4 classics whilst there.

7 Likes

Exodus remastered box set has just arrived, I ordered this over a month ago whilst on offer, I was expecting the order to have been cancelled so a very pleasant surprise! This vinyl is sounding fantastic and the sunlight streaming through the window blinds is making for the perfect environment I can’t help but continuously dip at the knees!
The booklet that comes with it looks great and begins with an opening page by Ziggy Marley who was the mixing engineer for this remastered box set 40 years after the original Exodus release, I look forward to reading this whilst enjoying this great music.

6 Likes

After a bit more reading it appears the Exodus 40 (LP 2 in the Boxset) was the one remixed/mastered by Ziggy, sounding fantastic and great to listen to the original and this “new” one back to back!

An old favourite and my album of the year so far

2 Likes

71EguI3LnFL.SS500

7 Likes

Just ordered re-mastered ,reissues of Mental Notes and Dizrythmia by Split Enz,on white and red vinyl respectively,on Demon Records.
Due tomorrow.

1 Like

image !

4 Likes

Just picked up a reissue of the 1972 original
I do not play any real instruments but I am a dab hand at most air-instruments and on this album I play them all. Air-organ, air-bongos air-flute and ofcourse the mighty air-trombone.
Some music records always lift my spirit and this album is one of them.

3 Likes

Jazz Composer’s Orchestra - first US, boxset ( to replace my non-box first Euro copy)

X - Wild Gift (Porterhouse reissue - despite loving X, I’ve never owned WG. Sounds great!)

The Astrud Gilberto Album - lovely mono 1965 pressing.
She’s just class.

O happy day!

6 Likes

Under the (bad?) influence of fellow members…

Thanks for the recommendations y’all

Claude

9 Likes

Well, these turned up today:

And I’m waiting for a new cartridge to turn up.

9 Likes

Also waiting for a new cartridge…and an upgrade but in the meantime…

3 Likes

1977 Original pressing with inners, poster and unmade pop out mobile. Been looking for a really good copy for ages with all of the inserts.

19 Likes

Postman just dropped off : Neil young homegrown & Blue nile high, fire up the lp12

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist the pic disc

8 Likes

Courier delivered this just before lunch. Purchased from Scott Nangle Records on Wednesday afternoon. I can only speak as I find, but for me that is great service.

12 Likes

These arrived today:

4 Likes