What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

The Door

Picked this up at the Bristol show after hearing him in the Michell Engineering demo room

3 Likes

You’re lucky to have a record shop round the corner. When I used to live where there was a record shop round the corner, I didn’t have enough money to buy them. Now I’ve got enough money (just about) the record shops have all closed!

2 Likes

I know I am lucky – don’t know how long these last but besides the one mentioned here there are two more in the next block. Sadly many traditional ones have closed in this town too…

45 RPM Half-Speed Remaster :sunglasses:

8 Likes

AC_US436_QL65

7 Likes

I just received the latest Curtis Mayfield vinyl Box set from Rhino, which brings together his first four studio albums.

First impressions are very good - nice gatefold sleeves and even the proper perforated sleeve on Roots. The vinyl is pressed very nicely (By Optimum possibly?) and comes in anti-static lined inners. Best of all, each LP is has been cut by Chris Bellman, which promises much for the sound quality. I’ve only spun the first LP, Curtis so far, and I have to say it is a much better, more dynamic and engaging piece of vinyl compared to the red vinyl reissue I bought about 15 years ago.

I’m looking forward to hearing the others in due course. I’m also hoping that we will see either a similar box set of the next four albums, or at least a nice CB cut of There’s No Place Like America Today along with my personal favourite, Never Say You Can’t Survive.

5 Likes

John Hiatt, Bring the Family.

My original copy has somehow disappeared :flushed: so I was obliged to buy a reissue. Fortunately, it’s an extremely good one with powerful, vivid sound, good air and perhaps even more detail than I remember and definitely in the Wheat camp vs the Chaff. Flat pressing and very quiet surfaces. Highly recommended if you need to refresh a tired copy or buy into this classic album for the first time.
It’s the 2018 UMG release 00602567078128

3 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Keep It Simple: Limited Blue Vinyl

• 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
• INCLUDING INSERT
• GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ALBUM
• GUEST APPEARANCES BY ROBERT CRAY, ROBBEN FORD, VINCE GILL AND MANY MORE
• 15TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF 1.500 NUMBERED COPIES ON TRANSPARENT BLUE VINYL

3 Likes

Speakers Corner Records version…

5 Likes

6 Likes

Is that any improvement on the original ? (If you are in a position to compare).

Hi Stan,

I have an original copy so will compare the two and let you know. :+1:

Regards,
Andy.

1 Like

31waw7RXcdL

The xx - Coexist. No download code with this one, comes with a physical CD as well

1 Like

First UK pressing

8 Likes

Good find Matteo, we have the first UK pressing as my wife was a big Durannie and it sounds very good.

Yes, it seems almost unanimous that the first UK pressing is by far the best one.

I already have an original first Italian version, which sadly sounds awful

M.

The UK first press sounds great and the textured outer sleeve is nice too.

Recently treated myself to the reissue of Pink Floyd’s Pulse and Kraftwerk’s 3D Collection.

1 Like

Even one the first Italian cd pressing is pretty good, found 2010 remasters quite clumsy instead.

Just received this 2019 reissue, not sure about SQ. I regret having sold the UK Virgin issue years ago. Can anyone make a comparison ?

Regards
Roberto

2 Likes