What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I must admit that I thought she had died, the way she just stopped having a presence on the music scene .

Seems “she just turned her back on the crowd”

In the words of Leonard Cohen

Finally after 8 Years my first Vinyl Purchases no turntable to play them on yet

17 Likes

What tt have you got in mind?

Another Pure Pleasure treasure:

4 Likes

I am following the 4 Box Thread at the moment i have set myself a budget and will probably look at Rega with the 4 Boxes i choose.

I currently have most of my stuff on Nas at the moment playing on my Superuniti

1 Like

Rega very popular. Good choice. My Linn axis is 30 year old and still working perfectly :crossed_fingers:.If it ever does let me down I would also consider Rega. I like to keep things simple.

1 Like

I had an Axis before i left the UK in 2012 sold everything and put vinyl in storage.

My budget will have to include Rega, 4 Naim Boxes, Fraim, Powerlines and RCM

My Superuniti will be sent for Service then will end up as second system in my Office.

I have started buying again but have missed out on a lot of remasters and box sets

but think i have enough stuff to start with lol !!!

2 Likes

Sounds like you have some happy listening to come :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Ian2001, I must admit I wasn’t a fan of Joan Baez and don’t really know any of her music. Also, I only bought the album as I didn’t want to come away from the record sale empty handed.

I literally just saw the record on the shelf and picked it up, as it looked interesting. It was only when I got home and did some research that I realised I had bought a gem.

I haven’t played my copy of the LP yet, but I’ve streamed it using Spotify (it’s not available on Tidal) a couple of times. It’s a lovely album and I shall be investigating more of Joan’s work in the coming months.

5 Likes

Me too

2 Likes

Yet another obscure gem rescued from the archives of oblivion by the Pure Pleasure crew.

1 Like

Goldfrapp’s Supernature. Re-released on vinyl (I bought the ‘green’ version). Nice and quiet, record is flat and hole is punched in the centre… a good start.

Just listened to it and I’m happy.

5 Likes

I am Kloot’s latest Vinyl repressing 'Gods and monsters’

1 Like

Have not played this in years…and frankly not as good as i remember it for some reason! :frowning_face:

4 Likes

At his best on the Manassas double vinyl I think

3 Likes

:+1:

Well I’ve just been gifted more volumes of Klaus Schulze and Peter Namlook - Dark Side of the Moog by a kind friend…Volumes 5-8…

5 Likes

A new band to me, Califone: superb scratchy blues and swamp wizardry.

All I can say about Delta Sweete is…wow.
Worth it for the outakes/demo disc alone
Now, where’d I put my DS first pressing? Wouldn’t get rid of it, but this…just breathtaking… and the cover is delightful! Real flipback seams, how I love em.

4 Likes

Re Califone if you ever get a chance to see them live well worth.
Absolutely superb.

1 Like