What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

71AManjHeJL.AC_UY436_QL65
Moses Boyd’s Dark Matter

4 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols
The SRV Texas Flood on Pure Pleasure sounds great! Really solid bass (good to hear Tommy Shannon again - its been a long time since Johnny Winter…but I’m new to SRV!) nice separation and atmosphere. And of course, great guitar! How the original Epic sounded I don’t know, but this is sounding mighty nice.
Haven’t played the second disc yet (outtakes and live)…looking forward to it!

And just ordered the AP 45 set of In Step…should be fab.

2 Likes

A long time queuing,but so worth it.

6 Likes

King Crimson, ITCOTCK and Up in Smoke from Ese & the vooduu People (thanks Kevster for that one :grin:). Both very different but excellent

10 Likes

Yes, their replicas of the original Savoy 10" records. No doubt digital sources but most historic music is these days.
SQ is pretty good to me, beats CD’s I have of this material.
I doubt you would be dissapointed and it’s a nice package.
I posted photos a little while back on the Jazz thread.

1 Like

Cheers Stevie
My Epic record sound pretty good, they are well recorded anyway.
I have Texas Flood and Couldnt Stand The Weather, I havent played them in a while so I’m adding them to my to playlist…
:+1:

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols
Yeah, I’m looking for the Pure Pleasure of Weather… - said to be superb SQ.

1 Like

Anyone else playing this? It’s rather marvellous.

She took on a career change over last few years or so but Covid has nudged her into making a new album. Silver linings and all that…

4 Likes

Found a UK first press of this famous old live album from 1983 in the local hospice shop. Seems in very nice condition.

13 Likes

google image search tells me it is How I’m Feeling Now by Charli XCX. No, me neither.

Nocturne is a fab live album, Kev! You’ll love it!

1 Like

I’d love to be able to find something like that in a charity shop! I have zero records in my collection sourced from charity shops because every time I’ve looked around these parts it has been nothing but junk.

Got to keep looking…and…vary the shops visited. Most times, hmmm…but those few times!

1 Like

Some charity shops started cottoning on to collectable records. IIRC Oxfam started their own used records website and last time I looked were asking some eye watering prices!

1 Like

RSD Hawkwind Quark Strangeness and Charm. I was lucky and picked up the last copy in my area.

3 Likes

This is the latest of my vinyl acquistions I’m really excited about. I’ve been hunting for a good copy ever since this performance was recommended to me earlier this year. I bought this used from a UK seller and it arrived today. It’s an 11-LP recording from 1979-82 on German-pressed EMI Records. Lucky me, I think this was never played. The box and LPs are mint. I don’t even see any spindle marks on the labels. Score!

I’m playing through the nine symphonies from the start. I’m on #3 now and it’s a fantastic performance so far, and the mastering and pressing quality are excellent. I can see why it was so heartily recommended.

11 Likes

Just got this - timeless DnB sounding amazing - helped by Bernie Grundman !

6 Likes

Record Store Day purchase, arrived today in the post. It’s one of the better recent Bowie releases.

7 Likes