What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Snap! On Miami… :grin:

1 Like

Oops sorry, vinyl thread200

1 Like

Have you listened to Angelique Kidjo? Black Ivory Soul I like, dont know if you can get it on decent vinyl mines on beer mat (CD)

@Dreadatthecontrols
Nope…I’ll have a look see, don’t mind beer mats! (Just bought Nubya Garcia latest on CD as the vinyl had jumped to a whopping £46 on the river. Should’ve bought it the moment I saw it…)

1 Like

The great Ron Carter in concert in Sweden. A signed Ltd Ed. Nice! Lovely sound, great band, and Ron of course is masterly.

9 Likes

Amazon are taking the piss currently. I’ve stopped using them, deliverys lost, trashed several times recently.
The last straw was the Louis Armstrong Oscar Peterson which was trashed by their courier then they hiked the price since I ordered it and tried to charge the higher price to replace. I cant repeat on a polite forum what I said to them over the dog n bone!
I got the vinyl of Nubya Garcia & Camilla George The People Could Fly, another top recommendation at Dread mansions, from Juno give them a try
Edit, I just looked their out of stock but click the “email me when available button” I often find that when you do they seem to find a copy or two but have to be quick

@steviebee actually I just remembered that the Nubya Garcia on Bandcamp is priced in US Dollars which would work out near 50quid with shipping to UK.
It made me wonder if there is a US pressing, which If so could be superior, Concorde is a US label. Maybe Scamazon are offering the US pressing?

That said my UK priced pressing is good and sounds fine, there are a few “limited” coloured variants but as discussed elsewhere I avoid.

Thanks Dread.

I’ll see how the CD is but keep an eye out for an LP.

They’ve been OK with mine, usually delivered within a thick cardboard double liner or sometimes in a thinner card liner, but then within a massive box for protection, even had a chap come back after I was out to hand one to me as he ‘knew it was a record and didn’t want to drop it into safe place’. The last two pre-orders have also given me some money back after price dropped :slightly_smiling_face:

Rough Trade delivery however is patchy, often delayed and sometimes well packed in one of their big cardboard wrappers, other times not.

With Scamazon lately where I am they’ve been diabolical, it wasnt always that way. Better to give the money to decent independants than lining Bezos’s pockets, they dont treat their staff very well either.
It’s not happened to me but I’ve heard from others who’ve recieved records with no packaging whatsoever just the delivery label stuck on the shrink wrap!

Another Fopp bargain, just £13:

4 Likes

Lol…are the shelves empty yet? :laughing:

1 Like

They will be if I have anything to do with it…

1 Like

The replacement copy arrived today. Just given it a spin - what a fantastic sounding album. Not usually a fan of live albums but this one I found very satisfying.

8 Likes

Uploading: 61D10A59-6782-472A-8432-58C6179F6E69.jpeg… Uploading: 2E1C7FB5-FF94-4366-9923-3F86D03AFB4A.jpeg… Uploading: C2484357-4CF0-4224-96EF-B1F42751707D.jpeg… Uploading: 932007A6-89E4-4982-A7C0-DA26652E8F89.jpeg… Uploading: 637B9688-39E8-4451-B3D0-810ABE2242C0.jpeg…

Haven’t been on here for a while :eyes:

11 Likes

One of my favourite artist and the album you just bought was the one that got me in to John Mayer. Never seen him perform live though…

Vinyl sales top CDs for the first time in decades

1 Like

Talk about timing.
My vinyl copy of the new Toots album arrived this morning.
Naim fans might be interested to know theres an Olive Green pressing. I got the standard Black.

RIP Toots

3 Likes

3 Likes

That is the problem