What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Any billy gibbons album is good

Nice voice

First UK pressing (1973)

7 Likes

Great band! Saw them live just before the lockdown kicked in. Great gig. Their Half Mile Harvest is also worth checking out.

1 Like

Latest hoard from the Blue Note sale - lovely jubbly

7 Likes

Guess who forgot to enter the code …?

Yup, yours truly now feeling somewhat %}}][{}#^ off.

I thought I hadn’t saved much

1 Like

Did they package well? I got a box set from them a few months ago that was not well packed and was miraculously undamaged. If I am to order from them again I’d like to be sure my covers arrive perfect.

The Joan Armatrading LP @Richard.Dane recommended arrived today. Will give it a spin shortly.

1 Like

Amazing how an LP you’re really familiar with can sound so much better than the copy you thought sounded great …

1 Like

Hi Lontano, no problem at all. I don’t think I have ever had a problem with deliveries direct from Blue Note.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope they do package well. I took advantage of the recent sale to fill in one or two blanks in my BN80 and Tone Poet collection, and I see they have just shipped today…

Blue Note Sale? Headed over there like a greyhound out the trap! All the sale titles are the ones I’ve already bought, damn!
:grin:

Well the replacement copy of Gregory Porter’s “All Rise”, on red vinyl, exhibits exactly the same fault (excessive surface noise, Track 1, side 2). Sending in back for a refund. I’ll replace it with a standard black vinyl copy this time.

1 Like

Steven Wilson remix (both)

6 Likes

Just bagged these in Pure Pleasure’s half price sale…

356303575 356303357 820487096 220270004

219910993 222146087 222137965 237689640 295342654 222137907
:grin:

5 Likes

You guys either:

Live on your own

Have amazingly tolerant partners, or…

…are past masters at the art of smuggling records in!

8 Likes

I have number 2 on the above options. My queen loves and appreciates music and records. She would think there was something wrong with me if I wasnt buying records, so I like to keep her reassured!
:joy:

1 Like

I do wonder though why loving music and records seems a predominantly Male excursion. Dont woman have ears too?
:thinking:

1 Like

Interestingly ordered from a certain south american name based organisation, delivered from Canada to Germany!

3 Likes

Too busy washing up. (ouch)

Seriously , good question though. My daughter and wife love the ND5xs2 and our cd catalogue and streaming as its soooo easy. So thats gets about 6 hours a day use, but they don’t seem to be interested in the LP12. My wife said it looks too fiddly. Ive showed them how easy it is but they prefer sit, beverage of your choice, Naim app, choose, listen.

3 Likes