What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Looking forward to listening to this tonight…

12 Likes

Enjoy! It’s really good.

1 Like

That’s great, it’s the end that matters (music) not the means.
A friend of mine tried to get his daughter interested in a turntable. She said to him one day that it wasnt working, so he went to her bedroom to investigate only to discover she had been trying to play a CD on it! (True)
:joy:

2 Likes

She served her apprenticeship washing dishes, I now put her to work washing records on the RCM

1 Like

Just received three Richard and Linda Thompson vinyl reissues. Playing this one just before I have to prepare and cook dinner. Nice flat, centered and quiet pressing. Sound is very good too, if not as stellar as the Shoot Out The Lights reissue of a few years back. The music of course is superb.

6 Likes

Love it on the rare occasion I find a little slice of life stuck in some pre-owned vinyl I picked up :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

71vk0KWcvoL.AC_SX466

7 Likes

exactly

Only found this thread recently. Last two acquired was:

He was the first OMG find of my Roon subscription and had to get some vinyl.

5 Likes

Finally picked up a copy of the 2013 Audio Fidelity limited edition numbered reissue of the Blade Runner soundtrack, on red vinyl, at a reasonable price. Should be here by midweek.

12 Likes

Cracking album really good sound well recorded

3 Likes

Some very good tracks on this and sounds good at 45rpm. Shame about the vinyl pressing. There’s pressing faults at the start of all sides on two copies. Both gone back and can’t be bothered ordering it again. I’ll pick it up some time in the future.

1 Like

Nice present from What Records on my arrival home – Total by New Order/Joy Division and Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets Live At The Roundhouse (very nice with its die-cut slipcase)…

6 Likes

6 Likes

Cat Stevens. Tea for the tillerman 2. Not played yet

7 Likes

Absolute junk

1 Like

Not keen then? :thinking:

1 Like

Apologies, not heard the vinyl, but listened to album on spotify.
Not a patch on the original album, and smacks of desperation to improve his pension pot!!

1 Like

I understand that the Iranian state’s $1 million bounty is still on the table for Salman Rushdie’s murder, maybe the old bigot could action that. He was certainly in favour of it a few years back, and is on the record (in print and on video) saying so. :angry:

1 Like

Read that as well, wouldn’t play any of his stuff if it was free

2 Likes