What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Two albums arrived over the weekend, the lovely new Bear’s Den album (orchestral settings of modern folk-rock songs) and the amazing 45rpm Impex pressing of the classic Friday Night In San Francisco.

5 Likes

Better than the original?

Glad you liked the 45rpm Impex of FNISF.
I recently bought the Impex 33rpm, great music but I didnt think the Impex was anything special for the money, ok sound & pressing, cheap flimsy sleeve

8 Likes

Just arrived…numbered edition including download code and a 7 day ticket for their video streaming service

3 Likes

A Bandcamp purchase earlier in the month. Autographed too!

2 Likes

Mmmm…I wonder what this could be…

:thinking:

2 Likes

Why don’t you open to find out?:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have it too. Must dig it out. I remember a superb version of Take me to the River

Ah! I see gramophone records…

All half price from Pure Pleasure

Kid in a candy store

:grin:

7 Likes

What?

1 Like

Funny, I’m auditioning a couple of streamers just to see…
My better half just said to me, “The look on your face when your unpacking records! You dont get that with streaming!”
:grin:

4 Likes

Nice to see Big Maybelle in there

1 Like

Soreng Santi

Track Iron Man will surprise most of you

1 Like

2014 RE (2LP 180 gr.)

6 Likes

Nice single-sided, etched purple vinyl 12" of See Emily Play and Vegetable Man.

10 Likes

Diana Krall - This deam of you. 2 x LP in poly lined inner sleeves.

Sounds fine!

8 Likes

71d-K0lVKqL.AC_SX466

Not Played yet. Only 35 quid off Amazon.

7 Likes

Gillian Welch - Soul Journey. A really lovely album, sounding very good on vinyl. Nice gatefold tip-on sleeve but no anti-static inner, just a thin printed one. Also, the QRP pressing, while quiet and free of any nastiest like non-fill, had a very slight warp to the edge, some rough edges and the labels were a bit wonky. But I’ll take that over a poorly centered press or audible glitches.

7 Likes

Thanks to the new phono stage, my vinyl sounds like it used to sound .

I bought Confrontation a few weeks ago, but alas it didn’t have the longer version of Buffalo Soldiers

Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 08.06.21

2 Likes