What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Destroyer’s wonderful album, Kaputt. I’ve had it on CD for a few years, but I love it so much I decided to track it down on vinyl. Spinning it now, it sounds so much better than the CD, with lots more detail and presence. The only gripe is the pressing quality leaves a bit to be desired.

Bowie, Prince and Cat

10 Likes

Is that the new SOTT remaster?
I’ve been reading some good reports on the sound of this one. I’ve been hesitant due to the coloured vinyl, but it’s the only way to get a 1st press so I’ve just taken a punt on it.
:+1:

Yes on 180 grm - the sound quality is superb need to play and album but so far delighted

1 Like

I am still on a Parker kick.
I doubt the sound quality isn’t going to be great ( suspect digital and done outside US plus dreaded DMM :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ) but the sole reason for this purchase is because a few tunes feature my fave Erroll Garner!

7 Likes

Did you check out the Savoy 10" set?

From the HMV sale!

10 Likes

From RSD last Saturday. Just arrived…

10 Likes

Bob Dylan Love And Theft reissue 45 rpm Mobile Fidelity.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Just collected this from Resident Records Brighton.
Taking a bit of a punt on this remaster of the original double LP. Prince fans on the Hoffman forum are saying good things about it.However less so for the completists about the SQ of some of the material from Prince’s vault on the multi disc versions.

4 Likes

Yes I did and I compared them against my older reissue on some of the tunes.

The new box set is nicely packaged and beautifully presented. But as I expected it is a digital remaster and most of instrumental colours were somewhat stripped and has laid back perspective. In the room presence of air around instruments are missing too ( tho it’s possible the Realm reissue might have added a reverb? )

That said, there are some tunes I have not heard before so they are worth it. ( and some are composed by Davis ) The new 10" box does not include any outtakes so it is a good for someone just get into Parker’s music to get an overview of what he did a Savoy. Personally I get a kick out of outtakes. Yard Bird reissue includes short Take 1 of Ko ko where after Parker/Davis solo the band starts playing Cherokee ( which the Ko ko was based on ) and someone either Parker or engineer cut them off by whistling and yelling ’ you can’t play that!’. Apparently it was a copyright issue with the original Cherokee and they are not supposed to play this close to the tune for this album. This tiny vignette creates a fly on the wall effect in the studio.

**Ko Ko Outtake:**

4 Likes

Is the Realm LP a later re issue or original. I see them on Discogs dated 1963.

Nice present from What Records (who were considerably cheaper than the River on this). LP, two CDs, DVD and book. Cannot wait to hear this!

6 Likes

Another one from earlier today, Bible Belt by Diane Birch. A new artist to me and, once again, thanks to various forum members who have posted this album. Her voice reminds me a little bit of Laura Nyro.

4 Likes

Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup 4lp-set.

11 Likes

Last Aka Trio LP album…

3 Likes

Sucker.

Arrived from those nice NO people this morning.
Daft but happy.
(:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Didn’t buy the 9 lp version, but the 3 lp version

3 Likes