What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Stewart Mathewman in an interview in 2018 said they were in the studio, and would release when happy. They work very slowly.

35 euros on the German Axxxxn.de

Sade - This Far arrived yesterday, I’m listening to it now. It’s very nice vinyl, thumbs up from me

9 Likes

The Miles Davis Quintet - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions

6xLP Box Set on Craft Records

I’m so happy that I’ve finally got a copy of this box set that I’ve posted it both here and on the Jazz Music Thread. I’ve been waiting for the right used copy to come along and today I found it I’m made up!

8 Likes

I’ve been picking up lots on Wagram lately - great compilations on great pressings. Good way to discover music. Usually at good prices too.

1 Like

Started just recently to dig deeper in to the Miles Davis rabitthole and i like it.

13 Likes

What does it sound like? I think this is the one where the master tapes were digitized, then back again? I hope someone (like Mofi or Analog Productions) makes an issue straight out of the master tapes. They were superbly well recorded.

2 Likes

Bitches brew. My favourite from Miles although Kind of blue makes the most visits to the turntable

1 Like

it sounds ok, not outstanding, but better than most remastered versions.

Wonderful. That is one of my all time favourite records.

Wee bit miffed with corner damage

3 Likes

I think it sounds good :slight_smile:

My latest Discogs haul. All categorised as Near Mint and visually do all seem very clean indeed. I’ll give them a wash and find out how they sound this week. Particularly pleased with original orange label RCA ‘Diamond Dogs’ which also looks pristine and was reasonably priced. I’ve been very disappointed with a recent reissue which sounds absolutely pants. Fingers crossed this one does the job.

4 Likes

Sunday afternoon in Flashback Islington, yesterday. One of my favourite record shops…

Traffic, Alice Coltrane at Carnegie Hall, Sun Ra and a sealed first press Diga Rhythm Band to replace my old copy.
Lovely way to spend an afternoon!

6 Likes

What’s the SQ like Bob? IIRC there were some gripes on another forum
Cheers

The RVG remasters of the individual albums (Steamin’, Relaxin’, Workin’ etc.) are excellent, particularly so given they were recorded in 1956.

Great shop and friendly staff!:sunglasses:

1 Like

@anon10403888 They’re nice people indeed, Tony!

And I always find something of interest, usually more than one!

1 Like

Hi Clive, I have OJC vinyl re issues of those sessions which sound good.

…btw the Concorde set @Bobthebuilder has posted puts all the session tracks in chronological order. I recall there being some gripes about SQ from digital sources on the Concorde set but that could of course just be from Analogue Good/Digital Bad fundamentalists
Cheers