What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

London Grammar - Truth is a Beautiful Thingimage

7 Likes

All of the Earth Records Bert releases are excellent on vinyl, and Crimson Moon is a late career favourite of mine.

4 Likes

Every review I have read has been extremely positive about the sound quality some of the best sounding records I own are digital remasters the Cadre Rouge Blue Note Grant Green I own is is on a par with the Tone Poet.

I’ve also heard that both the Charlie Parker and John Coltrane Craft releases are both excellent digital remasters.

I also have all of the OJC reissues included in the box set and also have an Analogue Productions copy of Relaxin so I do have lots to compare it to.

1 Like

The boxset will be with me on Wednesday so I’ll not sit down with it until the weekend but of course I will post my opinion on the box set.

1 Like

£11.95 from the river. Comes in ploy sleeve and resealable sleeve

3 Likes

Cheers Bob be interested, btw I did get the Craft box set of the Charlie Parker Savoy 10". I like it a lot
:+1:

Lanesra, congratulations!
You bought a fantastic album in my view, wonderfully and sensitively sung by Joan, who was ONLY NINETEEN years old when she recorded this in a room in a New York hotel.
I recently bought the remastered Vanguard CD from 2001, which also contains 3 unreleased tracks - sounds wonderful.

1 Like

Been busy this month on releases - Ultravox. Talk Talk, Phil Collins, Oasis re masters and Roger Waters Us & Them saving until the weekend

4 Likes

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know jazz funk can be pretty damn cheesy but this newly re-released vinyl hits the mark and might just change your mind. This was essentially the second Incognito album released in the early 80s under the name of The Warriors - largely because it was pretty uncommercial by comparison - and that’s a good thing methinks. Mostly instrumental, it is pretty adventurous and definitely has shades of Grand Wazoo-era Frank Zappa jazz (especially on The Warrior) and features a terrific horn section. If you like this you might also want to check out the releases by Citrus Sun - which is also Incognito by another name but far more jazzy.

4 Likes

Preordered this new 200gr RE (analogue master):

5 Likes

Anouar Brahem, Blue Maqams. ECM LP.

Fellow Forum members who praised that album are right - the music is enthralling, the selection of musicians perfect and the SQ to die for. An unqualified gem. Thank you Naim for this Forum!

AnouarBrahemBlueMaqams252565_f

Claude

6 Likes

Cos Sheena is a Punk Rocker !!!

6 Likes

New Tone Poet reissue of Hancock My Point of View.

7 Likes

Bob Dylan, The Times They Are A Changin’. Mobile Fidelity, 45 rpm, mono.

5 Likes

Just as I expected it, above digital reissue turned to be a dud.
I decided to take a chance on prior analog reissue.

Way better. Colours are back as if life has been breathed into the tunes.

I can hear Garner’s piano much clearer. This reissue also includes extra takes from the same sessions.
4 takes of Cool Blues. I get to hear Garner’s piano 4 times. :smiley:

Huge difference in timing. Liner notes say that Garner complained about blazing timing Parker kept. So they ended up recording extra with timing variations. I personally prefer breezy tempo, too.
3 Likes

These 2 for a fiver each yesterday in a second hand record shop in Poole.

10 Likes

Collecting these on the way home this afternoon.
Kind of an old to the new selection. Acoustic Sounds re issue of the lovely Trane album Ballads, followed by Blue Note Re:Imagined, double vinyl of Shabaka Hutchings, Nubya Garcia, Ezra Collective, Skinny Pelembe, Jorja Smith and a host of artists from the new British Jazz scene and beyond paying homage.

:notes::musical_note:

7 Likes

Just picked this up myself, listening on Qobuz until the vinyl arrives.

1 Like

Tom Petty 9lp - Wildflowers & All the Rest. Ordered a while ago and been sent. I received the instant download this morning and just playing tracks now. The home recordings are particularly superb and the alternate version are brilliant. So many tracks. Miss Tom.

8 Likes

Nice, Dread.
My copy of BN Re:imagined is in the post. Looking forward to it, as well as AS’ A Love Supreme…hoping that one is good also.

1 Like