Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

A plus for the witchery, the orangery downstairs has a bit more space compared to the main rooms at the front with the plus you can hear the oasis blaring from the kitchen if you are a fan.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the advice - greatly appreciated - and have today booked three distillery tours so far, ordered Iain’s book and made a reservation for dinner at the witchery, sadly wont be able to accomodate Springbank distillery which I have learnt much about from this forum- will save for the next visit

3 Likes

A Lagavulin 8. I prefer a 16 but it was a gift from my lovely wife so I am happy. Next time, I’ll specify a 16.

13 Likes

The 8 is bottled to celebrate the first Lagavulin of 1816, which was an 8 year old. The standard 16 is very nice, but you can appreciate the 8 a bit more with this little piece of information.

Also I think the 8 is not bottled all years.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Rafael…i did not know this.

Very good indeed…

8 Likes

The King’s Ginger- a hidden gem. Proper steel fist in a velvet glove. Great to see

2 Likes

Purchased a few years ago.

12 Likes

As the Andy Stewart song says:
Campbeltown Loch, I wish you were whisky
Campbeltown Loch, och aye
Campbeltown Loch, I wish you were whisky
I would drink you dry

2 Likes

Hi Dave @dave-marshall. Was it you that recommended Ben Bracken Malt (Lidls)? what colour box is the one to go for, Blue or Red? Thanks in advance and cheers.

Hi @Steve_S,

My shout goes to the one in the red box, the Speyside, which is very close in taste to Glemorangie Lasanta, also from Speyside :thinking: , and one of my favourites.

The blue box, the Highland, and the green box, the Islay, I’ve never tried, though, at those prices, it’s got to be worth a bash.

1 Like

Many thanks Dave, we have a new Lidl that has just opened near to me, it’s not a chain that I know but when I went for a shufti I saw those bottles and something twigged with one of your postings. I’ll get a bottle of each and see how they go as everyday drinking whisky as opposed to good sipping malt.

2 Likes

Stand by to be pleasantly surprised by the Speyside. :tumbler_glass: :+1:

1 Like

:ok_hand:

The Glenlivet Founders Reserve. I do enjoy the older, more recognised Glenlivets but couldn’t resist this one when it was knocked down from £32 to £22 at Tesco. I’ve not tried it before and it’s a very good tipple at this price.

9 Likes

Enjoying a Kilkerran Heavily Peated whilst enjoying The Masters moving day.

7 Likes

Enjoy !

1 Like

Buy another 8 year old, blend together to make a large bottle of 16 ? :crazy_face:

Final round of The Masters.

7 Likes

Stiff competition, but this has improved with a bit of air to it…
A nice dram

8 Likes