Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

Amazon have some Springbank ….not cheap though !
Steve.

7 Likes

Going to crack this one open….

15 Likes

I think the RRP for the 10 is £52.00 now and that’s gone up a lot over the last couple of years. Those Amazon prices are just daft. Sellers’ market I guess. Have a 10 and a 15 squirrelled away.:grinning:

1 Like

That should be most enjoyable… :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Looking at the size of that, it should keep you going for a while!

1 Like

An interesting mini-documentary about the history of Japanese whisky:

I did consider putting this up as I had not seen it through this large posting. Glad you took the trouble to put it on the list - AUCHENTOSHAN Three Wood. Its a great tasting whisky, one to savour for special occasions.

1 Like

It’s been decades since I was able to enjoy Jack Daniels but I popped a cork on one the other week and got back into the vibe. Enjoying it this evening accompanied by Metallica.

8 Likes

Ok, this relates to rum, but what a tradition!

2 Likes

I forgot to pack a whisky for a trip to Scotland :roll_eyes:

So I picked one up on route from the supermarket… it was a blind buy but as can be seen, it went down well! I’d certainly buy another!

14 Likes

I’ve been meaning to pickup a bottle of this for a while. Look forward to trying it in the next day or two!

Edit. Wow… this is a very impressive dram. The flavours just keep unraveling as it sits in the mouth. It carries a kick at 56% vol but add a dozen drops of water or so and this really comes to life. It’s certainly one I’ll be buying again!

12 Likes

A little stock up for winter. Yes I like Bunnah. :grinning:

19 Likes

Gentleman Jack a ‘softer’ take on the usual No.17. It’s strange how my tastes have changed, not so long ago I could not get along with Jack Daniels or Bourbons in general, happy to say it’s now a pleasant path of discovery.

10 Likes

I was given a bottle of that few years ago I don’t drink a lot whisky or bourbon but quite enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Good choice from my childhood hometown! Although when I was a kid all they made was Ancient Age and the like. I used to practice baseball on a vacant field in front of the distillery, and had many friends whose fathers worked there (when they weren’t being laid off due to production stoppages - bourbon wasn’t very popular back then).

This is such a smooth bourbon! If you can get them, I would also recommend trying the single barrel (consistently my favorite) and the barrel proof.

2 Likes

Only popped in to pick up some Fevertree tonic water!

13 Likes

After buying a bottle of WormTub “Batch 2” and really enjoying it I decided to buy a second. However, they’ve now moved to “Batch 3”.

It looks a little darker. As before it’s a speyside single malt from a distillery that uses the traditional wormtubs… not wriggly things… give it a google. The whisky is finished in first use Oloroso sherry cask giving it a very intense flavour. As before it’s a cask strength @ 56.8%.

First dram of the new one and there is a difference. I may have to have a dram of Batch 2 to be sure which I thin may win out for me but it’s still a very good dram. Definitely takes a bit of water to open up though! A must though for those that like their sherry bombs!

8 Likes

Anyone here bidding on the “Ultra Rare” Masters of Malt Christmas auction?

There are a few under £1k but a lot of them are now between £1k - £3k with a handful around the £6k and more.

I can safely say I won’t be posting any photos of bottles from that auction… I wouldn’t know whether to drink it or frame it :rofl:

1 Like

A trio from Masters of Malt for Christmas. Bunna and Deanston have become my go to choices. The Tobermory is new to me and is a very pleasing discovery. It will likely be joining the other two as future staples. Delicious!

12 Likes