Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

No, I agree for me Aberfeldy does it all very well indeed but I only know the 12 to 18 year aged bottles.

Lolā€¦ yeah I havenā€™t ventured to the 21+ yet. When Iā€™m next up there iā€™ll pop in for a taster.

Thats how i ended up with my first bottle of 18. Sat at their tasting bar working my way through a canny selection but stopped at 18! Duh :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Cairngormsā€¦ just passed back through after a week in Loch Ewe :roll_eyes::grinning:. Spent a few nights wild camping on the summits round there! Me and the missus like climbing and hiking and stuff!

If you enjoy the smokiness of Springbank, you should try to find a bottle or two of Bunnahabhain, bottled after various years in the casks - it used to be 10, 12, 15 and 21, if my memory is correct. It is much less peaty, but still a classic Island malt. It is not as ā€˜fashionableā€™ as some of the better known malts, so you may be able to find a few bottles at reasonable prices.

(Iā€™m not allowed to drink whisky any longer, so Iā€™m not as well up on my malts as I used to be.)

3 Likes

I have it on good authority that a replacement bottle of 12 Bunnahabhain is on Santas slay this year :+1:t2::grinning:

I really need to try some of their other offerings!

2 Likes

Found one at an unreasonable price :wink:

1 Like

I always thought Absinthe had a licorice flvour to it. Am I incorrect?

1 Like

Everything is quite a bit pricier in Canada here.

Yes, it has anise and fennel in it.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that Mike. I donā€™t know where I heard that, but Iā€™ve never tasted it. Now, at least, if the topic comes up Iā€™ll know what Iā€™m talking about. I donā€™t enjoy sounding like an idiot in conversations, although youā€™d think Iā€™d be used to it by now ā€¦

2 Likes

Hummm. Yesā€¦ although the last time we opened a bottle of that (and the last :joy:) we were in a very sorry state the next day!! We were supposed to be out on the river for a spot of white water kayaking :nauseated_face:

Wasnā€™t the smartest of moves!

4 Likes

Oh yes, Absinthe can grab you by the scruff of your neck and slap you pretty hard and repeatedly.

Licorice, herby flavour indeed.

But this has to be mixed with ice water really.

2 Likes

Not drinking it yet itā€™s only just arrived, itā€™s too early in the day even for me :laughing: Will certainly give it a try latterā€¦just to make shure it hasnā€™t ā€œgone offā€

8 Likes

Received these nice presents yesterday, as you can see i has to give the woodford an acceptance test.

10 Likes

Is Woodford a bourbon? Iā€™ve never seen or heard of it before.

Hi, yes itā€™s a bourbon, they also make a very nice double oaked version.

1 Like

Let it never be said I donā€™t listen to advice here :laughing:

9 Likes

Very interesting articles about worm tubs, but very little about the chemistry involved. I suspect Iā€™ll have to search harder.

1 Like

A very nice Christmas prezzy ā€¦.

Cask Strength 56.5%

Yes, nice, very nice.

15 Likes

Enjoy, I personally think itā€™s excellent and have a couple of bottles in my cupboard plus a bottle I filled whilst I was at the distillery. :yum:

Not as stringent as Lagavulin, let me know what you think of it when you have tried it.

1 Like