Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

A lovely Christmas gift from a friend of mine who now lives even further oop north! It’s from a distillery that I was never aware of. My first nip or two and my senses are telling me… oh yes!

8 Likes

Had a taste as it’s holidays :smile:

It is really good. As you say, less in your face smoke than Lagavulin. Reminds me of Talisker 10 a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely buy again.

2 Likes

Christmas cake in a bottle.

12 Likes

PC12 will be my choice to bring in the New Year! Nice and peaty.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Port Askaig with S. at his home in Milan, then when back at my place…

12 Likes

I’m currently enjoying a Lagavulin 16 whilst listing to some John Mellencamp. :tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

@carruthersesq,

I finished the 16 one moon ago, so I carry on with this…

Thank you for your support.

7 Likes

Picked up this Aberlour 14yr old Double Cask before Christmas and I have to say it is absolutely delicious

15 Likes

Nice room :+1:

1 Like

Dscovered that no open bottles of single malt in the cupboard for Burns night. Do I open a FoL special bottling or maybe this one…. It’s a current release so unlike the FoL it won’t now be a rarity but Lore is rather special - no harsh notes just stunningly and dangerously smooth. Yum! Slainte mhath!

10 Likes

Just picked this up after a friend gave me a sample bottle at Xmas. This is a lightly peated single malt from the Isle of Raasay distillery in the Hebrides. This is only 5 years old as it is a young distillery but it is absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to see what the 10 years plus taste like. I don’t know if you can see from the pic but the bottles have fossil imprints in the glass including this ammonite

10 Likes

I’ve never been fortunate enough to buy a Longrow Red, but today I was visiting Gleneagles and discovered it on their whisky menu. It was fabulous.

7 Likes

I believe that Longrow is closely associated with Springbank, which used to be my favourite malt.

Sadly, I haven’t tasted a whisky (or any other alcohol, for that matter) for about six years now.

2 Likes

Absolutely Graham, it’s a Sprigbank pleated whisky and difficult to find in the wild to buy.

1 Like

About seven or eight years ago, I managed to snaffle a couple of bottles of Springbank from a whole cask that a friend had bought, and left with the distillery, some years earlier. The bottle had a simple black and white label.

Probably the most delicious whisky I have ever drunk!

3 Likes

My fav is dalwhinnie. Great value for price (in France* not in the US anymore). Great Scottish single malt.

7 Likes

And what was it like?

1 Like

Any love here for Bunnhabhain malt from Islay? Not as fashionable as some others, but a lovely whisky even so. It comes in various iterations - bottled at 10, 12, 15 and 21 years, if my memory serves correctly.

It was one of my favourites when I was allowed to drink alcohol.

1 Like

It was wonderful, typically Longrow with a fruity palate from the port casks. It was a good strength at 57.7% that needed some water.

2 Likes