Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

Ralfy’s whisky review 218 - ‘keeping open Whisky bottles fresh’ on youtube will give you a good idea about this.

3 Likes

Thank you! I will watch it.

11 Likes

Uigeadail is a terrific whisky.

1 Like

I’ve a tour on Saturday of the English whiskey co. just down the road from me with tasting., no doubt the shop will get some custom!

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I enjoyed watching that. He’s very knowledgeable, funny and engaging. Aren’t the SNP looking for a new leader? They could do worse…

My humble collection at the moment :tumbler_glass:. The Machrie Moor , at 56,2%, is quite different and excellent ! If you have sore throat, it is better than cough syrup :laughing:

14 Likes

A quick pit stop at Aberfeldy distillery (slight diversion on route to Ullapool)

While I managed to only come a way with one bottle, I did also taste the Craigellachie 19 year and Royal Brackla 19 Ltd Oloroso. They were also exceptional whiskies… I future order I believe!

This 11yr Oloroso Exceptional Cask Series was something very special and could not be left behind. Bottle number 218 of 360. This tastes better than most 18yr drams I’ve had.

11 Likes

I’m a big Japanese Whiskey fan. This one is good VFM IMO

10 Likes

This one also

9 Likes

IMO, it is the best Suntory whisky, and it is kind of single malt reminiscent of Scotch whisky

8 Likes

Just ordered a bottle :+1:

1 Like

Isle of Harris

Trying some ‘Pour and Sip’ subscriptions… slightly citrus, slightly creamy, slightly peated, slightly interesting. We move on…

3 Likes

Relaxing with my favourite tonight:

Peaty and smokey but not overpoweringly so. My ‘go to’ whisky.

13 Likes

Picked these three up whilst passing my local store yesterday.

10 Likes

Ardbeg is my favourite distillery but I’ve become a little bored with the annual ‘specials’. None of them are as good as the 10 YO but I must admit I liked the recent ‘Spectacular’, matured in Port wine casks before a finish in bourbon barrels, it was quite a weird tipple but I liked it.

I’ve got a few bottles

I’m not sure whether to drink them or sell them in a year or so to help pay for my upgrade to a NSC222😁

11 Likes

If anyone is a member of The Wine Society I can highly recommend their 8 yr old Speyside Blended Malt Whisky. At £24 a bottle it is far, far better than you would expect for the price - absolutely delicious

2 Likes

Looking forward to opening this cask strength English number when I have an occasion

7 Likes

Drink them, and enjoy them.

I’m rather partial to the 8yr old For Discussion, it a beautiful dram.

Lovely collection!
I’ve only had the pleasure of Supernova. It was superb. Wish I’d bought two bottles.

1 Like