Which whisky are you drinking and why someone else might enjoy it?

Dam right… in that case I’ll have a wee dram of the Glenmorangie :blush:

10 Likes

I’ve several ‘daily’ whiskies, but wedding anniversary today so will get an opening tonight.:+1:

2 Likes

Whiskey & music goes perfect :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

A wee dram of Longbranch Bourbon for a change.

7 Likes

Drink them!

1 Like

@Rafael, You know what, I think I will. There’s only a few that I’ve tried and I’ve been keeping most of these for a while now so I’m looking forward to tasting them.

I’ll finish off the 10 yo and post a review for each bottle as I work my way through them.:grinning:

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. Enjoy

1 Like

Not whisky but I’m enjoying some Whitby ‘Jet Black’ tonight. It’s a rather pleasant Porter.

7 Likes

A wee dram to celebrate Scotlands pretty decent result against Switzerland. Destiny in their own hands now.

11 Likes

And why not eh :+1:t2: … I needed nearly a full bottle to get over the previous match :flushed:

3 Likes

I agree and I’m an englishman who lives in Scotland so have an interest in them doing well.

1 Like

It’s the reverse for me, Scottish family living in North East England. Always like to see the whole of the UK do well in footy :grinning:

2 Likes

Me too. Always support the home nations at tournaments.

We’ve been in Scotland 14yrs now and love it. I told my wife after just a few months that she can bury me here, when the time comes of course! :grinning:

2 Likes

Bought one like this today at the Swedish systembolaget, without a doubt my favorite whisky.

11 Likes

Also my favourite. Years ago I had an 18 year old, it was fantastic. I have a coronary episode when I see the price it is now

6 Likes

Edrington who own the brand decided several years ago that they wanted to raise Macallan out of the pack and make it more luxurious. Not sure if that has impacted sales.

I think it is a wonderful whisky but at it current prices if feel its not worth it, there are some equally good brands at ‘normal’ prices.

Some years ago, I employed a guy in my team who came from Edrington, he persuaded me to employ him by offering my whisky at employee prices. I was buying 18yr old Macallan for £20!! :smiley: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately the price of 18 year old has become ridiculously high, when I started buying Macallan about 30 years ago the price difference between 12 year old and 18 year old was much more reasonable.

1 Like

I’ve just checked the prices at my local liquor store.

Macallan 12 yr old double cask. $125CDN (about £70 or €85)
Macallan 18 yr old double cask. $725CDN (about £420 or €500)

I guess I have had my last 18yr old!

3 Likes

This was a gift from some American friends who had just visited Skye before coming to stay with us. I’d had Talisker before and found it a bit too peaty for me, but the magic teaspoon or two of water in a double shot of this 10yo transforms it from too sweet initially/too peaty on the finish, to wonderfully well blended with the peat becoming just one of the many flavour elements in the mouth and much better balanced on the finish. I’m a big fan of this and will be buying more.

10 Likes

Waitrose has Glenmorangie Lasanta on a good offer at the moment and I’m very tempted:

Anyone tried it? The tasting notes are enticing, and I used to love Glenmorangie 10yo but haven’t had it for years.

Mark

2 Likes