Wish list for new naim products in 2022 and beyond

An updated nDAC with an asynchronous USB input.

A 72/140 in Classic

An updated 272 with Qobuz capability

A bookshelf speaker that builds on the nSATs

8 Likes

Revive NAT01 and CDS3 or CD555

3 Likes

You have a high spec LP12, so I wonder how much better you think a lower spec Solstice might compare with what you have?

You might be surprised at what Accuphase get out of their one box solutions with a sound not a million miles from Naim. I know Tony Miller of the forum down sized from Active 552/500,s to an Accuphase amp and still driving DBL,s. If i was starting out from scratch i would give them a serious listen.

4 Likes

I heard Accuphase many times, specially their top cd players, maybe 10 years ago. Also their top preamp.
I found the sound nice, fluent, sweet, detailed…but lacking urgency, involvement, and grip. For me it was nothing common with Naim.

2 Likes

I heard the one recently thru russell k 150 signatures, sounded really good to my ears, well worth a listen imo. Not too keen on the colour, styling etc, but would probably grow on me?

I wonder how heavy it might be?

A more modern Fraim that fits in better with living spaces and hides the cable mess behind would be interesting. More furniture than HiFi rack.

8 Likes

Yes it will possible to make a big amp integrated with a dac inside like accuphase 800 with mc and mm phono input

But not impossible…

I think we will see the same old kit in 2022 especially with the shortage of parts.

A shoebox streamer would be nice though to match my Nait 2.

6 Likes

Ok and sorry about this, but I have an impossible wish list :frowning: . Talk about wishful thinking.
It would be nice for us SL2 or DBL owners that it will be possible to source replacement drivers so that they can continue to be enjoyed in the future. Not that I need them at the moment though.

Fortunately I replaced the tweeters end of last year. The German distributor at the time had two sets left.

I understand that the tweeters are still available but supposedly unmatched pairs, however the mid/bass is impossible to source since they were made by Naim.

1 Like

Undoubtedly there will come a time when I will want to downsize, but I will want to downgrade as little as possible.

At that time it will be interesting to see if Naim’s integrated offerings (one, two or three box) will cut the mustard for me, or if I might move to another brand’s big box solution.

It will be a wrench from a 500 system but at some point I will have to confront it.

2 Likes

In my opinion if Naim were to create a low box count 500 system then it would comprise a 500 series streamer/pre-amp coupled with the NAP500. Both would have external power supplies making a four box system. Perhaps the 500 series streamer/pre-amp could be the NAC572.

In this way the delicate low level signals are kept within the streamer/pre-amp and the power amp signals are kept within the power amp.

Do I think Naim will build such a system? Well the ND555 can be configured to have a volume control so it sort of already exists. Albeit this apparently compromises sound quality, using a separate pre-amp is recommended. My sense is that any new streamer/pre-amp product would be at the Classic level with 500 series and Statement series customers expected to go for separate streamer and pre-amp.

Bluesound Node is very similar width and black so not a bad visual match if your Nait is CB.

1 Like

I guess it’s possible if you make the box big enough to ensure that the parts all have their own quiet space, free of interference from the other parts. And you might want to take things even further by putting each section aside it’s own “quiet room” or box section. You go further than that too by making those separate box sections independent of one another so you could space things out optimally for your own room and requirements.

Oh, wait…

12 Likes

A new NAT.

People don’t realise that whenever there is an improvement in digital technology or else, FM radio stations soon adopt them into their brodcasting equipment. This mean that someone who own a good tuner automatically get a free sound upgrade without lifting a finger.

Long live FM!

3 Likes

Nice if true! Don’t have a decent tuner only an ancient Denon ‘somewhere’ - I must have a mystery parallel universe area in the house containing odd socks, Naim CD 3.5, anything I’m looking for but is re-purchased as I don’t find it in time when I need it!

I’d actually really like some kind of Naim Powerline level power distribution block.

An extension strip fed from a socket by a Powerline or better, but allowing multiple outputs to Powerline or Powerline Lite equivalents with as little degradation overall as possible from an ‘extension strip’.

Nearly two years since I got a 6 way Wireworld Matrix 2, but no matter what lead I use to power it, everything attached to it seems anaemic/thin. A cheap extension cord sounds much better to me and though I don’t have a dedicated circuit for the hi-fi yet I have plenty of single/dual sockets, just never enough!

(The fact that there isn’t such a product may be an explanation in itself!)

5 Likes

What, like this, but bigger…?

2 Likes