Your Most Played Album?

Most played over the past 30 years

Womack & Womack Love Wars

Paul Weller - Wild Wood

3 Likes

It would have to be something that I have had for a long time, and still play. I’m guessing it is one of these. All bought mid 70s

Beatles19671970

6 Likes

I thought it was this:

But Tidal says it’s this (probberly over a shorter time period):
Pug
Pugwash - Play This Intimately (As If Among Friends)

2 Likes

Long musical journey…. First really into music early 70’s

Got to be one of these… pretty obvious choices I’d guess…… worn out copies of all three

Always come back to this…

11 Likes

To try to answer my own question with another question/wild guess/speculation - could it be that Jarrett is suggesting that to define someone as a survivor is such a strong anchor to the past that it may somehow curtail their development?

Anyway, thank you @Richard for pointing out some Keith Jarrett albums that I will listen to over the coming months.

1 Like

11 Likes

I don’t know for sure as I’m a vinyl man but at a guess.

Bowie - Hunky Dory or StationToStation.

5 Likes

Doors Albums one of the few hi-res albums sounding worse on Qobuz than as CD

In most cases the sound quality of the streams that come from Qobuz are very close to the original CD quality or even better as hi-res.

However for the remastered CDs of the Doors that is not the case, they are far worse in my opinion. Do other people have the same experience?

The biggest difference was with the album LA Woman.
I compared this Qobuz version https://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/album/la-woman-the-doors/bnbu6v09yr9ob
With this version on the CD 8122 79998

I use the NDX2 as the DAC for both the Qobuz hi-res stream and the CD file.

2 Likes

I have the CDs, but play the records.
Streaming? No thanks.

I suspect that this is very sensitive to age. My first LP purchase was Ziggy Stardust in 1976. I am pretty sure that no later purchase will come close to how many times i have played it since, though a lot of the albums shown here would be in my top 20 too. In fact, I may go and play it again now.

5 Likes

Midnight Oil - Place Without A Postcard

4 Likes

Good to see another Oils fan, I never really got into them till after 10-1. Place Without a Postcard highlights the band while they were still getting better, great album.

2 Likes

The new album, Resist is excellent. Just received the vinyl in the mail yesterday (shipped from Australia). Will see them on their final tour in Chicago, Boston, London and Paris. Can’t wait!!

1 Like

Agree re the new album although I was a little unsure at first. They’re just had to cancel a few shows here as the big guy got covid.

Seen them many times in the 80s from small venues to large concerts. The best was the 10-1 show at the old Entertainment Centre in Sydney, one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. Enjoy.

1 Like

Pink Floyd dark side of the moon followed by Supertramp crime of the century

3 Likes

I have been pondering the answer to this interesting thread for several days as I have no factual information to base my answer on.

However, my answer is between two albums. One that actually exists & one that doesn’t.

The real album is Cream’s ‘Wheels of Fire’. Whilst still a schoolboy I saved pocket money for weeks to add this (my first double album) to my burgeoning album collection of 4 albums in about 1969. It quickly replaced ‘Goodbye Cream’ as my favourite album & I drove my poor mother mad each school morning, for the best part of a year, by playing the two live sides before leaving for school.

The album that does not actually exist but probably exceeds the Cream album for times played started life as a compilation cassette for the car in 1980. Changed to a compilation CD in 2000 & now exists as a rip to my Core & current cars hard drive. Being a rep/salesman for the majority of my 45 year working life, it has had an awful lot of plays.

It’s my compilation of Steeley Dan’s ‘Greatest Hits’, originally made from my favourite tracks from my first Dan album, a double greatest hits album. This formed the core of my compilation for several years & then had half a dozen further tracks added from later album purchases up to ‘Aja’, at the time of it’s CD incarnation.

I never tire of listening to it &, whilst loving them all, my particular favourite tracks are ‘Dirty Work’, ‘With a Gun’ & ‘Barrytown’.

I can honestly say that whenever I have had a passenger in my car & been playing this, they have hardly ever failed to ask ‘Who is this, it’s really good’.

7 Likes

If the topic name was Your Most Played Artist (band) instead of album, it would have been the Dan for me. No question.

Could well be this one, never been far from the turntable since I bought it on release

10 Likes

This! But only on vinyl!

6 Likes

First CD I ever bought and absolutely hated it. Must revisit but preferred earlier Talk Talk.

3 Likes