Your Watch & Naim

Please don’t be. The good thing about it is that it’s easily available and doesn’t cost silly money. Maybe a bit silly but not really really silly.

Thanks HH… it’s $4500 here in the US. My play money has been greatly reduced by house improvements! Master bedroom suite has been all repainted new carpet, new vanity in the dressing area etc. we had to replace one of the two HVAC systems this past March. We replaced the two garage doors and lifters, and a few other things… Whew! Still would like to get one of those IWC’s before the price goes up!

I know what you mean. We are having a rather modest 2.5m fitted wardrobe in a couple of month’s time and even that costs more than the watch. Then there is the plastering, painting, curtains, carpet etc. it all adds up rather too quickly.

1 Like

Soft furnishings seems to be potentially a bottomless pit of cost. But evidently it’s something we need much more than another watch or hifi box.

I’m sorry - I think I don’t understand what you said there. I just can’t make sense of it. Unless you are thinking of acoustic treatment?

1 Like

That’s a nice watch. The recently announced 42mm Chrono is appealing but the lug width probably wouldn’t suit me. Plus the fact that at some point I really need to stop buying watches.

My first Rolex, albeit the 42mm Polar. It was supposed to be my last watch. Something a bit superior to sit at the top of my collection. Yeah, right.

Thanks Harry. “Need to stop buying watches…” I tell myself this, but have yet to be able to stop!

Just checked my Wife’s serviced watch against GMT. Wow. After 7 days it is 2 seconds slow. Almost unbelievable.

2 Likes

If you ever find out how to do this, please share!

1 Like

You’ve seen it before but just back from seiko service…And I like it … a lot!

23 Likes

My battered daily bog standard Nautica quartz that I’ve worn for years and years and which keeps near enough perfect time, has travelled everywhere with me over those years, been knocked about quite a bit, worn in all weathers, out and about up mountains, through countless holiday pools, various salty seas and boiling beaches unfortunately died in the pool a few weeks ago.

When I got back I found the seal had broken to allow the water in and the battery had fizzed out, with brown corrosion spread wide.

Sentiment meant I just left it on the table rather than binning it. However I noticed about a week later it started ticking again :grinning: Cleaned it out, replaced the battery and seal and it’s like nothing happened. Result!

17 Likes

Who couldn’t?

2 Likes

Speaking of the SW300, not your average desk diver…

11 Likes

Nice. Is that the smaller diver?

I do like a Sinn

15 Likes

Yes, it’s the U50. Much more wearable than the U1.

This arrived today, in place of three others that I traded in. Now I have just two nice watches, this and the Mark XVIII silver dial. This one has a green dial that changes with the light, but it’s tricky to capture the effect in a photo. When in the shade it’s almost black.

31 Likes

Nice, maybe a tan strap?

1 Like

I have a couple of Toshi straps that I’ll try at some point; a dark brown one and a blue one. I don’t want to buy any more! The IWC croc strap is incredibly high quality and would cost a lot to buy separately, so I’ll wear it for a while to break it in. It would seem a shame to take it off and put it in the box.

Very Nice. Is that a Portugieser?

With the darker dial I think it goes well with the strap. These ones are usually with a white dial I think.