Your Watch & Naim

Not even sent yet Chris. Being picked up by DHL today.

Fingers crossed!

I do like that - nice, plain, simple, easy to read dial and not obvious ‘bling’. She made a good choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very exciting to recently read about the latest Seiko GMTs - these are based on the Seiko 5 Sports “SKX” case but with a new mechanism, the 4R34. I like the look of them very much, and at what promises to be a bargain price (£400 in the UK) I reckon they’ll be in high demand.

Picture courtesy of Monochrome.

23 Likes

They’re nice alright, I quite like the orange one! Seiko always made quality watches at sensible prices, here’s my alarm chrono which I’ve put back in to use recently, it was a 21st present from the folks back in the early 80’s, still going strong.

12 Likes

Thanks @Richard.Dane for this opportunistic heads up!

After reading the Monochrome “best summer watch?” article, I walked over and managed to get the blue-face edition - just in time to head home for holidays including camping, cottaging, and more family outdoor stuff than we normally do in one month.

In the metal, it seems like very high quality for the price. The face and bezel show a lot of depth as you tilt them in the light. The bracelet is nicely finished and nothing sharp or snaggy. I’d say the article was very accurate in its review and enthusiasm.

Very pleased and excited with this pre-holiday purchase!!

13 Likes

Very nice, Alan. I think the blue “Batman” would be my choice too.

1 Like

And that makes as valuable as it comes

6 Likes

a little too much info there Alan! :rofl:

10 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what slang I just tripped over, but hey it’s a vacay and anything can happen!

Edit (after google): okay, not that… we are going to a (real) cottage!!

2 Likes

Late to the party, but thought I’d join in.

21 Likes

The Monaco is a classic!

1 Like

After a mad phase, for a few years, purchasing expensive watches willy-nilly, I’ve now whittled my collection down to ‘just the classics’: I have my dads old Seiko 5 (c. 1972 and still runs spot on), the original Bond SM Pro, a ‘speedy’, a Monaco, and a couple of cheap watches I use for field work/knocking around with. No plans to change the collection. The datejust is gone, ditto the Breitling, 2 x Sinn U1 (a watch I still have a hankering for)…

3 Likes

Too tempting to ignore…a very nice watch and at a (relative) bargain price…

arrived a little earlier and just finished adjusting the bracelet to suit my wrist.

Well chuffed !

thanks for the heads up.

16 Likes

I was considering one also but watched a YouTube review and thought they looked a bit thick and chunky - how is it in the flesh?

1 Like

Which model is that?

2 Likes

new seiko 5 GMT…

Very nice - thought it was - but didn’t know the blueberry was actually a two tone bezel

1 Like

My own Seiko 5 keeping me company on my travels🙂

15 Likes

SSK003K1, also do a blk one and an orange one…