Your Watch & Naim

Not one of them has the correct time. :grin:

2 Likes

Many thanks to the Seiko fans in this thread that helped my curiosity. I just bought in Kyoto this SBDC157 (SPB257J1 in Europe), caliber 6R35, limited edition of 5500.

My first Seiko.

15 Likes

Never mind the watch, I’m very jealous of that jacket, based on the cuff!

Rolex May have hit Peak Silly Watch with this one:

“Waterproof to a depth of 11,000 metres (36,090 feet), with a unidirectional 60-minute rotatable bezel, the Deepsea Challenge is an extension of the experimental watch created in 2012 to accompany James Cameron in the Mariana Trench.”

For comparison, the world record for a saturation dive is, erm, 701 metres.

Mark

5 Likes

I understand they are not common on a Datejust but that’s what really attracted me to it.

Rolex seem to do quite a range of alternative finishes for the dials. Including Chinese characters. I guess there is a massive Far Eastern market

It’s always hard to judge from a zoomed in photo. Something that stands out in the picture looks perfect on your wrist

Here’s another photo on the wrist.

11 Likes

you’ve lost the white dial Panerai - or are wearing it!!
can I ask what is the watch top row - third from the left?

Nice collection. I’ll have the Ingenieur please

1 Like

Is that the one that is 50mm diameter but the dial is the standard size?

I thought it looked a little out of proportion

True, though if you could withstand the weight of a double-decker bus on the palm of your hand, I dare say you’d look a bit out of proportion too!

Mark

Maybe

Can you see the dial in the middle of all that bezel and spacers?

2 Likes

İt is almost a murder weapon:)

1 Like

I’d hope the bracelet automatically shrinks as your wrist gets crushed into the size of spaghetti at 11,000m. I’d hate for it to fall off into the abyss. It would be a real knicker ripper to have to go scrabbling around at the bottom.

2 Likes

Eberhard & Co. Extra-Fort

1 Like

No watch winders?

1 Like

I have a new favourite phrase - much obliged!

Hey @Bart , it’s beautiful. I am lucky enough to own the exact same ine yey with a regular bracelet; not the Jubilee (which is beautiful). I also have a YachtMaster 40 with a bue dial
Iver

I used to wear the original one in the 80‘s when I served in the Army.

Got this one in stainless steel a couple of years ago.

9 Likes

Ooh thats nice, I am contemplating a Seiko, I quite fancy the King Samurai model

12 Likes