Your Watch & Naim

Yes, I have 3 of the Omega NATO straps in leather, two at 19mm for my Seamaster 120, and one at 18mm which can be used on the Seamaster also, but also on my Omega CK2292 RAF watch.

They are beautiful quality.

It was just the custom Jean Rousseau fabric strap I had made in 18mm for the Omega CK2292, back in 2018, the keepers are a bit tatty. Jean Rousseau makes them for Omega, but Omega doesn’t make the black fabric in 18mm.

It also doesn’t offer this Army Green one, with the metal keepers, in 18mm either.

Will keep looking.

1 Like

Love the Railmaster. I gave one recently to my son for his 18th. It came with the crocodile strap which looks lovely, but i suspect won’t take much punishment. Your green strap looks great, I will alert him to it !

Paul

What a nice present. Did you get a 36mm like mine? They seem to be really hard to find.

I was a little surprised to see your AT here HH.
The same 38 has been my daily from the day I got it. :ok_hand:t2:

Maybe I’ll give it another chance this week. But I really really like my light as air Titanium Tag Heuer Solargraph

Holidays in sunny Devon

20 Likes

26 Likes

May I asked why you were surprised?

2 of my favourite things.

20 Likes

Had this bad boy 45 years now so it’s starting to look it’s age…… nice patina now starting to appear. All original with no replaced parts.

34 Likes

Nice to see the hands and dial match. I take it that is a plexi " glass" ?

I guess because I’ve seen quite a few posts with pictures from you in this topic (with fine watches) but I don’t recall you posted anything Omega before? Or I just missed it. :smiling_face:

I think that’s the best looking Rolex I have seen in this thread :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. I bought it all those years ago in Hong Kong from an official Rolex dealer for a professional purpose. I was a navigating officer in the Merchant Navy (and Captain eventually) so needed an accurate timepiece to tell me the exact GMT time when taking celestial sun and star sights with a sextant. A not dissimilar purpose to the original design brief when it was made for PanAm airline pilots to tell the time in 2 time zones.
I have all the original papers and box and spare links, certs too.

It was never off my wrist for about 25 years to be honest but I wear it more sparingly these days.

5 Likes

Such a great looking watch!

1 Like

A lovely piece with a great history. It’s such a shame to see items (not only watches) that are built to be used and survive under duress, being molly coddled and overly protected. You only have to look at yours to see it has been enjoyed in the manner for which it was built and it wears its patina superbly.

1 Like

My Dad’s 6262 Paul Newman. I was with him as a small child the day he purchased it 1971/1972, for what seems now like peanuts … he simply liked the look and the functionality. He was staggered and amused in later years when he discovered how collectable it had become. Sorry to say it didn’t come to me … but thought you guys would enjoy.

25 Likes

This is my slate Oyster - gifted to me on Dad’s retirement (but I was allowed to choose). Thanks Dad.

20 Likes

The Sub for my 40th birthday,and the Datejust for my 50th.

18 Likes

Funny how this little watch is worth more than your 500-system…. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes