Your Watch & Naim

Hirsch leather straps are the name that comes to mind.

I just looked online - there is a huge selection.

Personally, I wouldn’t want a leather strap rather than the metal bracelet for my Rolex.

I prefer the look of a traditional strap (leather or steel) rather than one that becomes part of the case… so a nice leather on that grand Seiko will be lovely.

11 Likes

Depends on the season for me. Leather when it’s cooler, bracelet when it’s hot. Or the occasion, a strap is more formal and a bracelet more sporty IMHO.

1 Like

I think the white birch would look better on a strap as it would give the dial more contrast. The current bracelet is nice but I feel it makes the watch rather bland.

Personally I’m eyeing either a dark brown or a dark blue leather strap for my white birch.

Wrong website!

18 Likes

Or maybe a new thread?

2 Likes

Opps lol

The predictive text ‘learns’ what words you normally use…:wink:

4 Likes

Seiko’s latest Rally Diver

Bit of retro-ness to look at and very comfy on wrist. Liking the not ott orange second hand and blue script on otherwise shades of silver.

14 Likes

@Bart I could not resist! Your post proved to be an expensive one for me! Love it though

26 Likes

Found I was not wearing the Seiko 5, 55 yrs anniversary so going to move it on … but keeping it green n black… land series tortoise night.

16 Likes

I do like those Seiko’s , very stylish and good value. I expect that will really have some lume to it

Sweet! Wear it in good health!! Wearing mine today too :slight_smile:

1 Like

What model/age/calibre is this Omega - looking good.

It’s the Omega CK 859. It’s sold out. Whether they’ll ever make any more is unknown. But they are available on the secondary / used market.

2 Likes

Nice.

I seem to be going for 1970 & earlier

1970 Seamaster 120 Calibre 601

On a different strap before I had the 12 o’clock pip replaced

1942 30t2sc WW RAF 18 jewel

1968 Seamaster Deville Blackface Calibre 601
1964 Seamaster Whiteface Calibre 268
No photos to hand

16 Likes

Omega 121.009 from 1963, gift for my first communion

18 Likes

Tudor Submariner 79090 from 1990

17 Likes

My IWC Mark XX stopped automatically winding after a few weeks, or maybe it never worked because I did wind it from time to time, so was returned to Schaffhausen in late August for servicing. It’s now back, hopefully working properly and without a little scratch I managed to put on one of the lugs. I can’t say I was happy that it conked out but these things happen and IWC have dealt with it more quickly than I expected. As it was away for almost as long as I had it, it’s like having a new watch, which is rather nice.

19 Likes

:crossed_fingers:lovely looking watch.

Btw I was advised (a couple of times) to manually wind my Submariner once a month, about 30 thumb turns.