Your Watch & Naim

My Milgauss is still fine, and still very clean … for all the Forum Jonahs.

5 Likes

I’m glad your watch is OK.

However I have mechanical sympathy. Knowing what will have happened to the oil on the arbors makes me cringe. :grimacing: Have you done a before and after on a Timegrapher?

My motorbike will sit on the motorway at 70+ mph in 1st gear. It will hit the rev limiter at 80mph. It’s unlikely to go bang but will significantly increase wear and tear.
Do you think I should do this or should I use one of the other five gears thus reducing the engine revs?

1 Like

How hot is it inside a dishwasher at home? I normal use the 50 degree option. Thats not a problem for the oils in watch.

Happy washing.

The wash may be 50C but the rinses are usually 70C so that the dishes…sorry watches dry properly :rofl:

If all of the seals are in good condition then the chances are no lasting harm will have been done. However, I’d be interested to know how the manufacturer views this and whether it would invalidate any manufacturing or service warranty. My hunch is you would likely be best not mentioning it should a problem occur :wink:

1 Like

I used to swim about 6 k a week and then have a twenty minute sauna :person_in_steamy_room: at a very high temperature on numerous occasions.

All while wearing my basic Rolex

I no longer wear my Rolex ( lume ) but it survived for a very long time

Since COVID the sauna has been closed , my TAG went back twice, each time TAG extended the guarantee , I ended up with a guarantee well past the norm

1 Like

You spend a lot more time in the shower than Graham’s watch spent in the dish washers as I said in the previous post I wore mine in the sauna.

Many times

Many, many times

Many, many, many times

3 Likes

G

2 Likes

I believe Rolex change the gasket on a service each time. Then again, for the price that costs, they should.

Garage work today so the trusty Casio sits on the wrist.

13 Likes

Now that’s a patina! Lovely.

2 Likes

If I didn’t have this Casio I’d get a G -Shock. Plastic watches make a lot of sense when working on cars - my cousin once caught his bracelet across the back of the alternator…:boom::fire:

1 Like

My latest acquisition. Chuffed with it

27 Likes

I had assumed that all the watch crowns on the Rolex were the same size, but mine has the “-” mark, so I assume that it must be 6mm size. Is there any significance in the word ‘Brevet’ on the 8mm one?

There again, the photo which Akh666 has just posted shows three dots, which is different again.

1 Like

The dash means it’s a steel watch with a Twinlock crown, which has a double waterproof seal. The three dots indicate a Triplock crown, with a superior triple seal. Brevet and the cross were used on vintage watches, pre 1960 and are a patent mark - brevet is French for patent. These marks don’t relate to the size of the crown.

2 Likes

No garage work here, so wearing my favorite watch.

19 Likes

Another one of the collection, my AD has certainly blessed me over the past five years. I’ve stopped at four to concentrate on other quality items such as Naim although buying Rolex is a lot easier and less stressful.

11 Likes

If you have a good AD. Mind you, I guess this applies to anything. My Naim dealer and Rolex AD are a less than five minute walk apart. Potentially dangerous.

3 Likes

I have a great AD but I’m done with them for now. I need some Naim in my life but as per usual I find myself down a rabbit hole. When will it end?

Knowing that would take half the fun out of it.

1 Like