Your Watch & Naim

Don’t worry, there’s plenty of us down here to give you company!

1 Like

That’s reassuring, thank you

I’ve come to the conclusion that thick watches are not really for me, as they just look too a bit too clompy. So I’ve sold a couple and now have this, to go with my IWC Mark XX. It’s so comfortable to wear and while it’s ostensibly a dress watch, whatever exactly that means, it’s so discreet that it can be worn casually as well. I’ll probably get a nice tan strap to go with it, which will be easy to swap as it has quick release pins.

35 Likes

I really like that. Simple and elegant.

1 Like

Vet nice. I’ve never owned a JLC and have only really been interested in the AMVOX 1. The brand has a fascinating history of innovation.

I’m a big fan of simple watches. That’s very nice

1 Like

You do have a very good taste in watches. Is that the ultra thin date?

Thank you for the kind comments. Yes, it’s the Ultra Thin Date. Although it’s very simple it has some lovely touches, for example the Dauphine hands are brushed on one side and polished on the other, which you can see better in this photo, so they catch the light and increase the contrast. The case is fully polished, but because there is just so little of it, it doesn’t shout ‘look at me’ in way a larger fully polished watch can. I was slightly nervous about getting a ‘boring dress watch’, especially as I never really dress smartly, but I’m delighted with it and it’s going to be fine as an everyday watch.

17 Likes

It looks really nice and a tan strap would dress it down nicely (a weekend sort of vibe) I might have to go and try one on, not sure about 39mm on my 19.5cm wrist might seem a bit to small.

Nice watches from JLC…Be aware that these are curved quick release spring bars. I opted for a two-stitch coal leather strap and had to bend the quick release spring bars carefully to fit them on my watch. I don‘t like the Alligator leather strap…
Sister moon…

22 Likes

My wrists are about 17.5cm. The watch has 21mm lug spacing, which enables a very modest 45.8mm lug to lug.

I love that moonphase version. I would possibly have bought that if the used dealer I was using had one, but as they didn’t it made my mind up for me. I’ll pretend I haven’t seen yours! Thanks for the strap advice. The JLC black calf strap I’ve ordered will obviously fit, but I’ll need to bear it in mind if I get something else.

Thanks for the info, i’ll have to go and try one on. I do like the simplicity of yours, but that moonphase version does look good.

Here is another JLC

17 Likes

Now there’s posh, the Perpetual Calendar. The 500 series of Ultra Thins. What a lovely watch.

1 Like

It done me proud for the past 7 years as my everyday watch. Clearly I have to take it off when doing anything strenuous, gardening, diy etc. Especially as it’s soft white gold.

Lovely moon phase watch. It doesn’t have that cluttered look.
I want (need) a moon phase clock but this will mean a third longcase clock :thinking::grinning:

1 Like

Had this watch for 10 years. I like its art deco style. If Hercule Poirot had one he would be constantly switching the watch face!

28 Likes

You must be left-handed.

A little bit!: )