Your Watch & Naim

Very interesting but everyone here wants to know how you are going to wash it. I’m thinking it may take a boil wash? :slightly_smiling_face:

Lol :grin:
I just use a bit of warm soapy water if its got oily otherwise I dont wash it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe if Zanussi had sponsored the Moon landings I might have tried a dishwasher clean.

But in the absence of that I’ll just keep calm and carry on.:rofl:

24 Likes

Original (ish) and still the best Speedmaster for me. Love mine, just need to remember to wind it every day when i wear it.

While I love my Swiss watches, the accuracy of these spring drive movements are something special…

23 Likes

Fantastic watch :+1:

Thank you.

Here it is with its 3 best friends:

18 Likes

Thats a Beautiful 4 watch collection… Longines looks class in its simplicity … :ok_hand:

2 Likes

That’s a gorgeous GMT Master. Always wanted one like that with the Hesalite and slight fade to the bezel, ever since I was a small boy regularly flying back and forth to the US and seeing all the pilots wearing them. Just a shame they’ve got a bit beyond my reach now. Really lovely.

1 Like

Gotta love a through hole lugged GMT master or GMT master 2. My 2004 model is getting a lot of wear these days. I’m even using the GMT functionality. Turkey last week, Atlanta GA, next then China at start of March.

Thank you Richard.

I bought the GMT (a 16750) over 40 years ago in Hong Kong when I was a Navigating Officer in the Merchant Navy. I paid the equivalent of £380 for it. It was used for a professional reason: recording the accurate GMT time when taking astronomical sights of sun and stars with my sextant. (an essential observation when taking sights.) No such thing as SatNav back then🤣

It was never off my wrist for 30+ years and has never been serviced or parts changed. Original Pepsi bezel. Still gains 4-6 seconds a day as it did 44 years ago (the true mark of a chronometer). It’s been in Arctic waters, tropical waters, bilge tanks, covered in crude oil etc etc etc……and still it performs!

I wear it less these days but when I do it evokes amazing memories.

25 Likes

Great story :clap:

2 Likes

In my experience, Rolexes are built like tanks, like no other watches. Great story that.

1 Like

Another Delacour

5 Likes

And for goodness sake be really carefull if you have it serviced at Rolex. They insist on changing bits that dont meet " The Rolex way". That could mean a new dial and hands. Plus that bezel.

2 Likes

It won’t be getting sent back to Rolex for a service. It’s never had one in 44 years and I’m not starting now🤣

6 Likes

I bought this rather lovely mid-size (31 mm) Rolex over the week-end as an intended gift.

The dial is a fetching coral pink.

14 Likes

I haven’t worn it for a few months so decided to get it out today for a few weeks.

I actually use it for its intended purpose too…… I have family in Japan so the bezel is set at +9 hours so I can see their local time easily👍

17 Likes

I think that you’re being unfair to Rolex. If you give clear instructions in advance not to replace particular items on servicing the watch, they will abide by those instructions. That, at least, has been my experience.

1 Like

My experience is ok, as I live reasonably close to their service center in Kent. However a work colleague of mine had his mid 80s sub serviced via a well known Rolex retailer. Despite his explicit instructions to the retailer, these were either not passed on or ignored. He never got to the bottom of it. What he did end up with was new hands and the old dial. No amount of conversations could reverse the situation. To say he is still upset is an understatement.